Whirring / humming noise when driving at 70-75 mph

Phone Tech

Reaction score
when I drive 80mph that sound then is quieter and same when driving below 70mph that ''areoplane sound'' fades.. Is it wheel bearing ?

Wheels could be unbalanced. If it’s front you should feel a slight vibration in the steering.

Wheels could be unbalanced. If it’s front you should feel a slight vibration in the steering.
wheels been balanced yeah I feel slight vibration on gas pedal or even bottom of the car

I have same issue. 2015 A3 Quattro. 26k miles. Pristine condition. Zero shaking or vibration, just when I hit 73-around 80, I hear same noise...WTF?

I have same issue. 2015 A3 Quattro. 26k miles. Pristine condition. Zero shaking or vibration, just when I hit 73-around 80, I hear same noise...WTF?
I have 47k od miles replaced brake discs pads .. couldn't replace rears as we didn't have the right key to remove other part of the caliper.. But I have ordered set of keys ..
Ordered bearing just one £40

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 415
So...You are saying its a bearing issue?...If so how did you know which one?....Dis you have a humming noise, mine does not sound like a bearing

So...You are saying its a bearing issue?...If so how did you know which one?....Dis you have a humming noise, mine does not sound like a bearing
Well b4 i replaced discs and pads thought it would be it but no so now am going to do this bearing it is only on my side that noise like areoplane :D driver's and then if not then last thing will be axle drive shaft right side

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 363
hi I been in another garage where had AC regas done and mechanic told me it's the tyres he said I have sh** tyres :(
I need to put some premium ones to test it ..

Mine makes a bit of a whooshing sound when cruising on the motorway and I have Michelin PS4. Might try balancing them though as mine hasn't been done.

Mine makes a bit of a whooshing sound when cruising on the motorway and I have Michelin PS4. Might try balancing them though as mine hasn't been done.
I have checked underneath the car and looks like prev owner was off roading properly with this car.. so much mud .. there is possibility dat mud gone into something .. I need to clean it out but I need to put car on the ramp ..