E brake won’t release without seatbelt?

Fraysa

Reaction score
Back when I first bought my car (PFL 2013 8v) I could release the e brake whenever I want. Ever since I’ve started using the auto hold feature, the e brake won’t release unless I have my seatbelt on.

I guess it’s a safety feature, so you could release it only when you’re fasten but how do I toggle this feature on and off?

I have hold assist on all the time. If my seatbelt is not on the epb doesn’t release automatically. I’m pretty sure I can release it manually though.

I have hold assist on all the time. If my seatbelt is not on the epb doesn’t release automatically. I’m pretty sure I can release it manually though.

Yes, mine doesn’t release automatically as it should (safety feature) but when I release it manually it doesn’t work, where as before it did work.

Cancelling auto hold also doesn’t help.

Do you mean you are in a situation where it is impossible to move the car without putting on the seatbelt?
My car does not behave like that.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Do you mean you are in a situation where it is impossible to move the car without putting on the seatbelt?
My car does not behave like that.

Yes, exactly. My car didn’t behave like that as well, but it started happened recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep your foot on the brake when manually releasing? Does that work?

Put your foot on the brake and then release the handbrake, you will then move off

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ah yes. I probably do that without thinking - because that is what you do anyway even on an old with an old manual brake.

Back when I first bought my car (PFL 2013 8v) I could release the e brake whenever I want. Ever since I’ve started using the auto hold feature, the e brake won’t release unless I have my seatbelt on.

Did you run a scan with VCDS in order to see if there's some error code on the ABS module? I remember having some weird, intermitent behaviour with my parking brake some time ago when I was retrofitting Auto Hold. Parking brake wouldn't release. But it disappeared after I cleared DTCs.

Did you run a scan with VCDS in order to see if there's some error code on the ABS module? I remember having some weird, intermitent behaviour with my parking brake some time ago when I was retrofitting Auto Hold. Parking brake wouldn't release. But it disappeared after I cleared DTCs.

Nothing.

Drivers door closed also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting.