headunit upgrade or CD-changer

abdus

Top Gear
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
what would be the best option? I have the Concert, radio/cassette and just wondering if it yould be a better option upgrading the headunit or just getting a Audi CD-changer (in the boot)...

Any advive please...will the CD changer play copies? and/or what upgrade headunit can be recommended?

nice :icon_thumright:

actually, i didnt want to change the standard one, so there's no hassle of removing the face off each time :)

so I can buy/use any CD changer? or any specific CD changer for the Audi?

If I use any one, what more do i need to install it?

Thanks

You can buy any changer that there is an adapter available for.

You dont need anything other than the changer and adapter - fitting will take you 2 mins, the cables are already there on 99% of A3's

Yes check you have the cable first, this will dictate which option is best. A lot of 01-03 A3's don't have the cable pre-installed which makes the job a bit harder.
If you have the cable then I'd buy an OEM changer unless MP3 playback is required. You can buy Panasonic, Sony or Alpine but the adapters can be expensive, between £30-£70.
If you don't have the cable then I'd go with the sony listed above. Fitting isn't difficult, but you will have to pull the HU, so make sure you have the right removal keys and be very gentle when using them.

thanks for all th info guys...Will have a look 1st if I have the cable :)

this is it then?

cd_changer_4.JPG

I would preferably want an MP3 one...

so even with this cable ^^ I need an adpator if fitting any changer other than an audi one? (sorry for so many questions, I'm new to this :( )

Ye you still need an adapter, as fare as i know there was no mp3 audi one but this make fitting it easer as you dont need to run the cable

ash

Yes, nothing other than an OEM changer has that fitting. There are 2 Audi changers as well so if buying one on ebay then make sure it has the newer 13 pin plug not the older 8 pin.