Cheap non-brand downpipe

o_dungey

Reaction score
hi, has anyone got a cheap unbranded downpipe and are they any good? Found one for £140 which is stainless steel and has mandrel bends so surely it can’t be that bad as it is just a pipe at the end of the day? cheers

I've seen the exact one on ebay.. turborevs or something? Next cheapest is pipewerx at double the price.. although pictures don't show the product to be double the quality, maybe i'm missing something

I think the issue with these cheaper downpipes is fitment - the larger bore downpipe is very close to the propshaft on the S3, so much so that Milltek now insist you fit the lower dog mount to stop it touching under hard acceleration.

I think the issue with these cheaper downpipes is fitment - the larger bore downpipe is very close to the propshaft on the S3, so much so that Milltek now insist you fit the lower dog mount to stop it touching under hard acceleration.
Yeah I was thinking about fitment also, hopefully someone here has fitted one and can shed some light on it, if I got it fitted at an exhaust fabricator maybe they could bend it slightly to make it fit if it did have any issues?

The cheaper dp’s crack along the welds.

Pipewerx is very good for the price.

The cheaper dp’s crack along the welds.

Pipewerx is very good for the price.
Oh really, it has a 2 year warranty but would still be pain if it cracked. I’ll have a look at the pipewerx ones cheers