Help. Sliding noise when turning.

Mrs P

Reaction score
Help please.

I've just purchased a 2016 A1 but every when I go around corner, there appears to be a sliding noise coming from inside the car. It sounds like something inside plastic but I can't find anything.

I've looked in door pockets, glovebox and arm rest and the passenger side little under-seat box etc but I can't find anything. Its driving me mad.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you.

You don’t say if it’s from the front, centre or rear of the car. Have you checked for anything in the spare wheel well?

The only similar situation I’ve had was a broken clip in the tailgate frame behind the trim panel. It would roll from one side of the tailgate all the way across to the other when cornering. Obviously this could be heard coming from the rear of the car.

Hi,

As the previous post mentioned, check in the boot and under the spare wheel as the wheel brace and jack are located and the strap can be left undone. Also worth checking under the bonnet as you will be amazed at what the technician may have left in the engine compartment. Tools, cleaning brush, lids from the washer and oil fluid top up bottles are a few items I’ve discovered over the years.

If not, I would take the car back if you purchased it from a dealer and get them to check it.

hi there,i have similar problem sound like small light object moving left to right but not far its going back to audi to be checked ,will keep posted,

hi there,i have similar problem sound like small light object moving left to right but not far its going back to audi to be checked ,will keep posted,
Thank you. I would love to see if this was the same. It's so annoying isn't it?

Thank you. I would love to see if this was the same. It's so annoying isn't it?
Hi,mrs p.well they found the cause,lipstick inside left air vent,so very pleased with outcome,*lady drivers eh*lol.

Mine is still driving me mad. Need to take it to the garage but not sure how much this will cost. Thank you for the update.

Hi Mrs P,is it possible rhat a child could have put an object inside the air vent,if so you could mention this first to save some time and cost,another possibility is a cable come adrift inside passenger door ie window motor ,speaker,thes were just some that the techenition mentioned to me,ps try not to use a main dealership to keep costs down,good luck.