Audi S5 coolant liquid

James5semaJ

Reaction score
Hi there,
The other day I started my car and it came up with the low coolant liquid alert. It took me a while to find the coolant liquid bottle as you have to open a plastic little door to find it and wasn’t said in the manual. Ever since I have refilled it the low coolant liquid alert is still there, this I would like to know if this has happened to any of you and if you had to turn off the alert with a VCDS or through Audi or did it just turn off itself.
Thank you.

Hi there,
The other day I started my car and it came up with the low coolant liquid alert. It took me a while to find the coolant liquid bottle as you have to open a plastic little door to find it and wasn’t said in the manual. Ever since I have refilled it the low coolant liquid alert is still there, this I would like to know if this has happened to any of you and if you had to turn off the alert with a VCDS or through Audi or did it just turn off itself.
Thank you.
When I had it happen on my S3 it cleared on its own after I'd filled it up. Is the level now staying where it should be?

I'd be making sure after topping up the liquid hasn't dropped significantly in case you have a leak somewhere, which would be the bigger concern. I'd keep an eye on the level and if it stays stable then would assume all is ok, could then take it to a dealer to clear the code although they may wish to do an inspection.
My old S3 had a thermostat housing leak but was a known and well documented issue.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk