grip, or lack of!

ScoobyA4

ding dang do
Reaction score
I know it was wet up north this morning and the roads slightly greasy, but i while going round a roundabout, the **** decided to try and over take me. this is a roundabout i take more than once a week, and granted i've only had my A4 just over a month and this was the first time in the wet on that corner, but i wasnt hammering it.

I even have brand new tires with less than 5k miles of wear on them! sure it cant be this crap? its a 97 1.9tdi standard model.

A4s (esp B5s) are murder for lift off oversteer if not quattro. Mine's tried it once or twice.

Would have thought it'd also depend on the tyres and if some to$$er has dropped diesel on the road!

All depends on what brand new tyres. Dunlops will give you that sort of scare day in day out.

AndyMac said:
All depends on what brand new tyres. Dunlops will give you that sort of scare day in day out.
Totally agree, they also used to rot/perish before there time as well. I wont have them on my car.

I never had a problem with the dunlops that came standard with mine. I did notice the roads were really slippery today. I don't think it was down to the tyres though more that it hasn't rained in a while which always makes a slippery surface.

Axle bushes is what cured mine, it caost me around £ 20 a side to replace with OEM coupled with a few hour work.

I have a spare pair if someone wants them