Suspension Arm Kits

stevey83

Reaction score
So...decided to crack on with changing the suspension all round on my 16 year old V6 cabriolet. Back end all done easily, front end half way there!!!

As usual the pinch bolts have been a pain! One side off after an hour work, the other side ended up with a snapped pinch bolt, which then stretched when trying another method. Needless to say im currently going through the process of removing all that sides arms and driveshaft just so i can get at it easier.

Whilst all apart i though i might as well upgrade arms on both sides as there all showing there age. Loads of kits on ebay, wondering if anyone has any recommendations? Cheap ones will be cheap for a reason, but the pricier ones look the same?

I have just had the febi bilstein kit off ebay. Came with the 8 arms, 2 tie rod ends and all the bolts including the pinch bolt. Opted for kit without the c links as mine were OK. About £240 which was cheaper than buying the 4 lower arms I needed from eurocar parts non branded section. I will fit the Uppers some point over the next 12 months when I can face the agro of the pinch bolt. Arrived in genuine packaging and manufactored in Germany.

Time will tell on quality but only difference from the original AUDI arms were the bushes on the lower rear link are solid rather than composite.

I did look at the cheaper kits like the skv kit but I was not convinced they were the correct parts for the post 2004 cars despite claiming to be.

Febi kit code with the ARB C links is 39404 and the kit without ARB links is 39402. FEBI website suggests the kits are suitable for a4 cabriolet from 2002 to 2009. Please check parts compatability for your vehicle.

Ebay seller was JDMotorsport and he has some for sale ebay item 302472990221 for 39402.

Ebay item 292775452196 is for 39404 from a different seller but don't know anything about the seller on this one.