Facelift Fitting info. for Audi Sport number plate surround?

Mikeso51

Reaction score
I have never been happy with the rear number plate on my car. Firstly it has a strip attached to it advertising the dealer I bought the car from. I can’t get this off without damaging the plate. Secondly it is badly fitted with two black round-head self tapping screws, one of which is half on a registration letter.

I’m going to replace it, and I’m considering two options:

1. To fix the new plate with two carefully positioned colour-coded screws

2. To use an Audi Sport surround, which will allow me to avoid using visible mounting screws.

Can anyone tell me if the Audi surround will attach directly to the existing mounting points on the hatch, and whether I would need to remove the existing foam rubber backing pad?

The Audi-sport surround matches the holes in the boot hatch.

Whether you need to remove the foam already on the car behind the number plate - don’t know. I’ll be doing this soon and don’t plan to remove the foam if I can get away with it so the surround doesn’t knock and rattle on the metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Mikeso51
Thanks JohnM100. I think I’ll go with the Audi-Sport surround. Seems to be a neat arrangement.

eBay but check supplier is genuine or an Audi dealer Parts Department offloading stock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Fitted this a few weeks ago kept the foam behind the plate took 2 minutes to fit
DSC 06562

Reactions: TonkS3, NevMan and Mikeso51
Excellent. Looks great. Definitely the way to go.

Incidentally, love the Voodoo Blue.

Reactions: Jassyo06
eBay but check supplier is genuine or an Audi dealer Parts Department offloading stock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

just ordered 2 genuine plate holders for 24 quid total. thanks!

how easy is it to remove existing plate holders? and install the new ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just ordered 2 genuine plate holders for 24 quid total. thanks!

how easy is it to remove existing plate holders? and install the new ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philips screwdriver, 2 min job. Be careful with front as I have heard the surround can interfere with parking sensors. I just have surround on rear

48c5c0f42114619c1987b11011fe1895.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06