Help on a potential project

Finlay hudson

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am at looking at buying a Audi S3 Quattro BAM engine either 02/03 model.

My goal is to get the car to 300-350bhp. Could anyone please point me in the right direction of how big the build would be, pricing and parts that I would need to make this power possible ?

Cheers

There’s a few who have just done what you want @S3AMJ has just done his you will be needing a hybrid turbo,forged rods , exhaust manifold, full engine rebuild with up rated hea, full 3” exhaust, fmic and a custom map And £5k plus ( maybe as much as 7k if you can’t do the work yourself) obviously what parts you use and if you buy 2nd hand will bring price down,
For stage 2 you could get it to 280 ish bhp for around a grand if engine and turbo are healthy
That’s my 2p’s worth anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: S3AMJ and Finlay hudson
There’s a few who have just done what you want @S3AMJ has just done his you will be needing a hybrid turbo,forged rods , exhaust manifold, full engine rebuild, full 3” exhaust, fmic and a custom map And £5k plus ( maybe as much as 7k if you can’t do the work yourself)
For stage 2 you could get it to 280 ish bhp for around a grand

Thanks for your help

There’s a few who have just done what you want @S3AMJ has just done his you will be needing a hybrid turbo,forged rods , exhaust manifold, full engine rebuild with up rated hea, full 3” exhaust, fmic and a custom map And £5k plus ( maybe as much as 7k if you can’t do the work yourself) obviously what parts you use and if you buy 2nd hand will bring price down,
For stage 2 you could get it to 280 ish bhp for around a grand if engine and turbo are healthy
That’s my 2p’s worth anyway

Thanks that’s very helpful, if I was to remap the car stage 2, would you advise on upgrading any internals or other parts?

Exactly as TJ has suggested bud. If your thinking “stage 2” you don’t need to do any internals, but just bare in mind. These cars are getting old now. You get various failures on a standard car, hoses, pipes, sensors, etc. So pushing it to its “limits” will be something to consider. 270-280bhp(ish) can be achieved by having the following.

3” downpipe / decat
Front mount Intercooler
Milltek catback 2.75” or bigger 3” exhaust
Badger5 TIP (Turbo Intake Pipe)
JR cone filter

I would recommend paying the extra and having a custom map made, to get the most out of the car safely!

Where are you based? I got my build done by Badger5 couldn’t rate them highly enough. They’ve done an outstanding job on my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hydro s3 and Tj 0785
I’m based in West Yorkshire, new to the car scene and fancied the look of the ‘first gen’ s3.

Slightly leaning towards the route of stage two remap now or like you say getting a custom map.

Reactions: s3gazz
Getting more power is not as cheap and easy as people think a lad at work on weekend thought a s4 v8 could get a 100 bhp from a exhaust and induction kit with a remap, when in reality it would be around 15bhp which full high flow mainifold and exhaust it’s not that simple, and as @S3AMJ mentioned these cars are at the age where they eat £££’s in just maintenance let alone performance upgrades

Last edited:
Let’s not forget u will need bigger injectors at the power your going for 350bhp also may wanna think about a clutch, bigger brakes u wanna stop that thing after all that money put into it.

I’m also from West Yorkshire and rebuilding an s3 pm me if u would like to chat buddy

Reactions: Tj 0785
You wont find a cheaper way to 350BHP than my S3 which is currently in the classifieds.

You’ll be looking at 5 to 6 grand to get a reliable, well built 350BHP.

You wont find a cheaper way to 350BHP than my S3 which is currently in the classifieds.

You’ll be looking at 5 to 6 grand to get a reliable, well built 350BHP.
Your car is almost exactly the same as mine... bar the colour. Just looked at the classified. Very clean!

Your car is almost exactly the same as mine... bar the colour. Just looked at the classified. Very clean!

Thank you. Its probably an understatement to say its been pampered.

And everyone knows silver ones are the fastest :icon thumright:

Part of me would love to keep it, but I know long term with a growing family I need something more suitable for weekend jaunts etc. A E90 M3 is currently favourite.