Audi a1 salvage project, complete noob, let see how this ends

Audi kid

Reaction score
well hello im new on here, well this is very first message of many others too come. a little about me and my car, ive bought a audi a1 from a salvage yard, being a complete noob about cars just having a passion and drive and knowing the basics just how too jack a car up, change a wheel, and thats about it. im quite good at watching videos and repairing things, so i thought it cant eaxactly be rocket science either.

so heres some details of my car

audi a1 1.4 tfsi 2010 plate
cat n, no structural damage

damaged parts, from what i can see are the bumper, headlight wing, and proabably the radiatior and carrier.

so i have one main question could put an sline bumper on this vehicle, are they interchangable
C8feb4e5 9b1a 4c1e 964b 70bae0dacedb 10699627

Car

the bottom photo news paper is my car, the above is the car i would like too get parts off.

S-line parts are fitted to standard cars so unless a facelift headlight then it will fit

Reactions: Audi kid
S-line parts are fitted to standard cars so unless a facelift headlight then it will fit

##hello sir, thank you so much for the kind reply, i really appreciate it. yes most defently ill be looking at cars withe the same age groud, i think the audi a1 stay the same with 2010 and 2105 and then the face lift changes after 2015.

im really happy about this , know the project starts. im going too be ordering some tool set. and will update soon once ive manged too disable the dront somehow.

any questions in the meantime please ask.....

Reactions: voorhees
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Look forward to reading all about your project. Enjoy the forum

Reactions: Audi kid
Ahh man i just looked at your lots headings, @voorhees has an audi s5 and @Sandra has an s3. I feel like a baby with my 1.4tfsi 122bhp .

Reactions: voorhees
Ahh man i just looked at your lots headings, @voorhees has an audi s5 and @Sandra has an s3. I feel like a baby with my 1.4tfsi 122bhp .
I think I should change that…..I had an S5 until some *&%$ stole it :sadlike:
Whatever car you have its your pride and joy especially of you are doing all the work on it :rockwoot:

I think I should change that…..I had an S5 until some *&%$ stole it :sadlike:
Whatever car you have its your pride and joy especially of you are doing all the work on it :rockwoot:

the main thing is that you owned an s5, and experianced its power, and not just test drived it, i would personally keep it.

did you manage too get the car back, sorry too hear about that.

Hey there Audikid - Nice to see someone willing to have a go themselves! A bit daunting perhaps if its all new to you but if you study as much info as you can on the jobs you want to do (Google is definitely your friend as are all the members on this forum) & take your time - for instance, don't pull at anything until you have established if there are hidden or hard to see fixings on it.
You can achieve your goals, and feel proud about it. Remember - even the most accomplished mechanic had to pick up a spanner once for the very first time! :thumbs up: