Facelift Some Virtual Cockpit questions

B33r

Reaction score
Hey,

On the Sat Nav display on the pop up screen it has the current speed limit road sign, is it possible to get that on the map in the dash screen with VC? Been through the options and couldn’t find anything. I tend to have my pop up screen either displaying media info or just minimised totally so would be really handy to get it on the VC.

Second one, sometimes the mobile phone icon in the tab has an explanation mark in it. What does it mean? I haven’t managed to figure out what’s different when it has the explanation mark in compared to when it doesn’t.

Last one, on the consumption figure sometimes the little icon to the left of the figure is different, usually a circle with a line through but I swear I’ve seen a different one sometimes, anyone have a key or know what they are/mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about your first two questions but pretty sure your MPG with the circle and line through is your average mpg

Reactions: Audi Bairn and B33r
I think the exclamation is a message / email notification.

Seem to recall that the speed limit cannot be displayed on the VC display.

Ahh cool. Thanks. Shame can’t put that speed limit display on the VC, would be very handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mobile phone exclamation is a message/notification on the phone.

Circle with a line through it is an average sign, you'll see it on the short term stats for MPG and MPH.

Don't think speed limits can be put on the VC display.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Speed Limit display on VC = Traffic Sign Recognition, an optional feature which can be retro-activated in some vehicles.

Ahh interesting, assume would need to have the little camera/radar at the front in order to read traffic signs? I don’t think I have one as have no options like the advanced cruise control or anything.

Obv when don’t have traffic sign recognition I assume the speed limit displayed on the centre map is just coming from the map information? Just seems bizarre to me if the information is there you can’t have it displayed on the other map in the dash.

Ahh interesting, assume would need to have the little camera/radar at the front in order to read traffic signs? I don’t think I have one as have no options like the advanced cruise control or anything.

Obv when don’t have traffic sign recognition I assume the speed limit displayed on the centre map is just coming from the map information? Just seems bizarre to me if the information is there you can’t have it displayed on the other map in the dash.
The setting which tells the cars systems where to display the advisories within the VC is within the camera module, so cannot be “partly” activated.... I believe

Last edited:

Yes normally the camera used for presence or the acc https://www.kufatec.com/en/all-prod...sign-recognition-for-vw-audi-skoda-seat-40610

Reactions: Philb65