Audi Navigation Plus

Roberto46

Reaction score
I've recently invested in the Audi A4 3.0 tdi cab which has the Audi Na plus fitted.

The car been left for about 4 months so when it came to start it as you can imagine it was flat and as i thought at the time would need a new battery. After nearly melting the jump cables it came back to life but the navigation screen was blank and has stayed that way.

I thought it might have been possible that it had overloaded and blown a fuse so checked the fuse box and have had no joy.

I have even disconnected the battery and back on again hoping it might reset something no joy there either.

Help Please

Sorry no, but the unit would have to come out as i believe the fuse lives inside it, don't take my word as gospel though.

5617764907_c464d4af1d_b.jpg

Thanks Blackpool

Would the everything else still work without the fuse as its just the screen that is blank?

I think it was due to a power surge

If the fuse is blown you'll have no power to anything. If its just a dead screen the unit should still light up, the buttons etc. You'll need the headlights on to notice this though.

I have this headunit in my car, its pants by today's standards!! Also, do you have the code for the unit?

If it lights up but no screen it sounds like a duff unit. Also without the code you won’t be able to use it.

There’s good aftermarket ones available off ebay.

Thanks for your help Stevey. Would an aftermarket header work with the existing CD player?
Is there a header that you can recommend?

You’d have to replace the whole unit. I can’t personally recommend any but you can stick with branded, i.e. Sony or pioneer etc or try the Chinese ones. Should carry more features like Bluetooth etc.

When you power in the current head unit do you get anything on the DIS? I’m assuming no cos you havnt put the code in.

The multi cd changer works. Evertything except the screen works which is very odd as I assume if their was a power surge from using jump leads it would just blow the fuse on the unit itself

Common for the screens to fail on lots of different Audi models. There are repair services available if it’s affordable.

Reactions: Roberto46