Autowatch Ghost - Actually Ampire WFS300-BT

DarkyUK

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I was doing a bit of research on the Autowatch Ghost, even though I have a tracker fitted, mainly due to the volume of thefts being seen via Relay etc, and I was intrigued to find this post stating they are actually Ampire WFS300-BT's which can be self installed quite easily.

Not sure if its of use to anyone but for those of us that retrofit bits and have an interest in this type of thing I thought it might be useful, especially since the Ghost is not Thatcham approved so no specific requirement for professional install.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...s-immobiliser-fitted-auto-watch-ghost.112000/

Just for people's interest, not prompting a debate even though I suspect one might now start :)

Andy

Reactions: RAF_S7
Hi All,

So I was doing a bit of research on the Autowatch Ghost, even though I have a tracker fitted, mainly due to the volume of thefts being seen via Relay etc, and I was intrigued to find this post stating they are actually Ampire WFS300-BT's which can be self installed quite easily.

Not sure if its of use to anyone but for those of us that retrofit bits and have an interest in this type of thing I thought it might be useful, especially since the Ghost is not Thatcham approved so no specific requirement for professional install.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...s-immobiliser-fitted-auto-watch-ghost.112000/

Just for people's interest, not prompting a debate even though I suspect one might now start :)

Andy
Cheers for the post. I had come across similar a while back. I had one pro fitted when I purchased it and it is nowhere near the OBD port and would defy ANYONE to find it. If you are electrically very competent then why not DIY. For me, I have the security of a full product/install guarantee in case it all went t*ts up. No doubt a debate will rage (they always do), but this little device has easily been the best single investment on my B9 S5 SB having spent 6k on ‘improvements’ from new. I no longer have to worry about relays, leaving the keys around, and can safely de-frost the car in the drive with the engine running as without the code it will start, but locks the auto gearbox in neutral. The code can be almost anything you want ie front passenger window button 4 down & two up, or indicator arm 3 down & 2 up, or maybe a sequence of button presses on the steering wheel etc etc.

Reactions: S32B
and can safely de-frost the car in the drive with the engine running as without the code it will start, but locks the auto gearbox in neutral.

I thought on the A5/S5 it prevented the car from starting and didn't do the gear lock? Thats what the compatability charts suggest, the BMW's seem to be the one that stop when gear is engaged?

WFS400 Compat

I thought on the A5/S5 it prevented the car from starting and didn't do the gear lock? Thats what the compatability charts suggest, the BMW's seem to be the one that stop when gear is engaged?

View attachment 175543
The installer got mine to lock the gearbox (he asked me what I preferred). I suppose that is what you pay for in pro installation.

Looking at the new version, the WF400, its got all of the programs for the cars on it and no need to specifically load firmware for a car anymore, you just use a button on the unit with a flashing led to choose the vehicle specific code.

Cheers for the post. I had come across similar a while back. I had one pro fitted when I purchased it and it is nowhere near the OBD port and would defy ANYONE to find it. If you are electrically very competent then why not DIY. For me, I have the security of a full product/install guarantee in case it all went t*ts up. No doubt a debate will rage (they always do), but this little device has easily been the best single investment on my B9 S5 SB having spent 6k on ‘improvements’ from new. I no longer have to worry about relays, leaving the keys around, and can safely de-frost the car in the drive with the engine running as without the code it will start, but locks the auto gearbox in neutral. The code can be almost anything you want ie front passenger window button 4 down & two up, or indicator arm 3 down & 2 up, or maybe a sequence of button presses on the steering wheel etc etc.
Exactly my thoughts :)

It was great the other week to stay inside and just watch the car from the lounge window defrosting...worst thing anyone could have done was sit in it lol...I also went for the gearbox lock, but mine locks it in P.

Reactions: Sandra
Exactly my thoughts :)

It was great the other week to stay inside and just watch the car from the lounge window defrosting...worst thing anyone could have done was sit in it lol...I also went for the gearbox lock, but mine locks it in P.

You can also code via VCDS to allow the doors to be locked whilst the engine is running.

Reactions: S32B
Hi All,

Andy

This is great work Andy. I fancy one of these but cant be bothered arranging a pro install and am more than capable of doing it myself. Well done. Just the info I was waiting for!

Reactions: DarkyUK