Help Car go's into limp mode

Reaction score
Hi
Bought Audi Avant 1.9 TDi about a month ago shortly after buying it the EML light came on in the dash checked for codes with my scanner it said low recirculation which is the EGR Valve took it of car got all the carbon and crap out of it put it back on cleared the code.Went & drove car light stayed of thought sorted went out again after about 50 mile light came back on checked for code same code again so purchased a new egr valve fitted it EMl light now stays off no codes.But ive now got a problem that when i go to overtake another car or wagon on the bypass and come out of 6th gear into 5th at 3500 rpm all of a sudden i start loosing power and end up at 50 mph and the only way i can get the power back is to turn the engine of and re start it then all is ok it does it randomly normally when your overtaking summit or when the revs are between 3000/3500 rpm which is grate as i start going backwards instead of over taking and hoping i can get back into the inside lane.Iv'e checked for codes and there ain't any and the strange thing is the EMl light is staying of which id of thought would come on when it go's into limp home mode.Any one got any ideas what it may be thanks in advance.Ady

Sticking turbo vanes would be my first suspect. Mr Muscle fix worked for me when I had similar problem on my old A4.

+1 on the Mr Muscle turbo clean. Very common fault. My Passat TDI is doing the same. Will get round to doing the turbo when it warms up a bit..

Hi
Yep Paul hit the nail on the head i did fit a egr delete kit but got the dreaded eml light on the dash that's when things went south and having a quote for £300 to have the egr removed from the ecu i kinda said how much lol. I then took car for mot and it failed as the light was on and the egr was no longer there lol So i put it back to standard after cleaning the egr valve but i got the light on again and over boost code and low recirculation code luckily it was after it's mot i got a pass which cheered me up a bit so in the end i just bought a new egr valve and fitted it touch wood the light has stayed of for the last week or so. I then started to get the Turbo prob by the looks of it as it done it twice today going down the bypass and yep it is a bit brass monkey weather out there at the mo i couldn't feel me fingers when i done the egr valve and my feet were like blocks of ice lol