Good morning all

DanWes

Reaction score
I'm Dan and I'm new on here. I have recently bought an Audi A3 sportback S line black addition. Could anyone tell me is there a separate washer bottle for the rear wiper?? The reason being, it looks like the previous owner has put antifreeze in as it's a bright green fluid that comes out when I press the washer. The fronts are fine and spraying out the washer fluid they should. Confused

I'm Dan and I'm new on here. I have recently bought an Audi A3 sportback S line black addition. Could anyone tell me is there a separate washer bottle for the rear wiper?? The reason being, it looks like the previous owner has put antifreeze in as it's a bright green fluid that comes out when I press the washer. The fronts are fine and spraying out the washer fluid they should. Confused

Hey @DanWes, welcome to ASN. The front one feeds both, there is no separate reservoir for the rear but a motor. The green fluid could be the 'gunk' in the feed coming from the main reservoir but that would be my guess?

Which A3 you have; 8P or 8V. Depending on the chassis if you create a thread under one of these forums I am sure someone who knows more than I do will be able to help.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis.44/

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/new-a3-s3-8v-chassis.244/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dan, welcome to audi-sport.net. The bright green fluid could be a Halfords screenwash, think the green goes down to -10. There is only one fluid bottle that feeds front and rear screens. What year is your car?

Reactions: V6_Man
Thanks for the welcome and replies
It's the 8p model 2011. It was puzzling me as the front washers spray the correct looking wash but the rear is illuminance green. I'll hold the rear washer on to see if it clears. Thanks again