A3 Manual Clutch and Gearbox

Tehkony

Reaction score
Hi i have a PFL A3 manual 1.4 petrol 8V. When trying to go in gear 1 its always a bit clicky every single time with the clutch pressed to the floor. When reversing i always have to press and depress the clutch as it doesn't go in fully and takes a couple tries, as it only goes in 1 click and not all the way like its supposed to.
When reversing there's a small judder, just using the clutch, no gas.
Are these signs normal? Generally when changing gear its always clickity and crunching and the clutch does not feel smooth more jerky etc. I've had it for 1 month, i should be used to the clutch, but im not sure what's happening, if there's an issue with the clutch or gearbox? Anyone advise?

doesnt sound right, mine doesn't do that. How is the car going into 1st and reverse without the engine running?

doesnt sound right, mine doesn't do that. How is the car going into 1st and reverse without the engine running?

Its the same thing, crunching into 1st, and reverse is hard to get into, needs couple tries. How is your gearbox in all gears?

mine is smooth in all gears. If it's the same with or without the engine running it doesn't sound clutch related. I wonder if the gear cable alignment needs checked or if the have stretched and need replaced.

mine is smooth in all gears. If it's the same with or without the engine running it doesn't sound clutch related. I wonder if the gear cable alignment needs checked or if the have stretched and need replaced.

So you have no crunching whatsoever? Or any difficulty in putting into reverse, or any juddering with just lifting clutch with no gas?

It was purchased from evans halshaw I've booked it in for a diagnostic as its only 3 weeks old

i recorded my car there with my engine running .

Thank you for that, yeah mine is definitely not like that, your reverse is exactly how it should be. Hopefully they'll pick something up in the diagnostic as mine is constant crunching and getting stuck.

Last edited by a moderator: