Brake pad recommendations?

A

AudiB720TS

Looking for new brake pads, any recommendation?
Want something better than stock, to support occasional track use.
Used EBC Greenstuff on one of my prev. cars and those were quite good as I recall.

Also, is it the same size pads for all A4's?

I've been happy with the Brembo disks and pads I fitted for fast road use. Not much dust, progressive, good bite without being grabby and a bit more pedal effort required over stock, which is nice.

I give them a pretty hard time on the road, but I can't speak for track use.

Brakes tend to be a standard cars weakest point on a track all other things being equal. Greenstuff pads are not designed for track use at all. I use redstuff pads on my A4 and they are great on the road and I have done some track stuff with them. They worked well for the first 5-6 laps at Castle Combe and then they needed some cool down laps. But my car has nearly 400bhp and weighs 1800Kg.
I use redstuff pads on the rear of my TT and they have coped really well with no issues.
Yellow stuff are a bit better for track use than red stuff but they have a lot of dust. There are better offerings from companies such as Pagid but decent track pads aren't cheap. Good quality plain discs and decent fluid something like Motul RBF600 as well.

Brakes tend to be a standard cars weakest point on a track all other things being equal. Greenstuff pads are not designed for track use at all. I use redstuff pads on my A4 and they are great on the road and I have done some track stuff with them. They worked well for the first 5-6 laps at Castle Combe and then they needed some cool down laps. But my car has nearly 400bhp and weighs 1800Kg.
I use redstuff pads on the rear of my TT and they have coped really well with no issues.
Yellow stuff are a bit better for track use than red stuff but they have a lot of dust. There are better offerings from companies such as Pagid but decent track pads aren't cheap. Good quality plain discs and decent fluid something like Motul RBF600 as well.

Just curious, what car is that (1800kg)?
I used Greenstuff on the Nurburgring, granted they were brand new before I drove down there. At the ring there’s also a lot of waiting between laps, but laps are very long as you know. With the car I had back then brakes were fine, but suspension was at its limits let’s say. Anyways, I’m old now so track use will be very very occasional.

Will look at Yellow and Blue from EBC and also Pagid (was eyeing their rotors anyway).

My A4 3.0 TDI Avant comes in around 1800Kg.

Reactions: AudiB720TS