Inlet manifold bolts

darrenvalleys12

Reaction score
Hi there son has a 2007 a3 2.0tdi sline 170bhp we put the bkd aluminium inlet manifold on because of the swirl flaps and since fitting it the car is a pig keeps stalling lack of power but no codes had smoke test no leaks, so looking at get the original manifold back on but lost the bolts can anybody tell me where we can buy new from thanks for any help

Did you plug the swirl flap actuator's vacuum line or leave it plugged in? Else no vacuum will be generated at the turbo actuator.

Also check your ASV isn't stuck, remove boost pipe and observe its operation when you turn ignition on/off

Did you put the metal gasket with the BKD Inlet. you now have the superior inlet .

Reducing failure modes something has to have been damaged/done wrong.

Does it stall under boost or just normal idle / low speed driving

my son has said that if he stops at traffic lights it seems to stall as well as a rough idle when he goes into the higher gears it's just flat no power the strange thing is our son has had the car for a while so he knows how it drives and he said the problems has only started since the manifold, but there is nothing that can go wrong on the bkd maninfold as there is nothing in the manifold no swirl flaps just a straight flow
BUT OUR SON NEVER HAD ANY RUNNING PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR UNTILL THE MANIFOLD WENT ON

Last edited:
I've got an alloy intake on mine with the swirl flaps on my PD170 ,no with no current issues but will be changing to the BKD one since it's not possible for anything to go wrong with it. You can swap with mine if you want ;)

I think your issue is elsewhere. Maybe a turbo pipe has come loose somewhere/dislodged or something.