Is this the fuel pump?

Kenny_GTI

Reaction score
My friend is having a few issues with his golf. There is a strong smell of fuel in the drivers cabin and looking at the engine we noticed this:
5238605E BB1E 49AF A509 CF6A6B21F5DA
949303AB 49C3 4EB3 A466 35BC814B8A04

Any thoughts on the above images? Is this a common fault that people have had before??

Looks like a TFSI fuel pump, similar Audi one below. Does look like a possible leak on the bottom. From my expert googling, looks like it might be leaking fumes - maybe the o ring is bust on the bottom tubing?

6820107254_2

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenny_GTI
Yeah deffo looks to be HPFP. Good shout with it leaking fumes as we could not physically see any leaks of fuel. Between that and engine management light on for what looks like a faulty thermostat according to the vagcom codes isn’t great.

Reactions: Kondax
Yeah deffo looks to be HPFP. Good shout with it leaking fumes as we could not physically see any leaks of fuel. Between that and engine management light on for what looks like a faulty thermostat according to the vagcom codes isn’t great.
Yeah, seeing as though it's more like debris I'm willing to bet it will be fumes. Looks like you'll be in for a fun ride to sort all that out