Potential new order..

listers_socks

Reaction score
Morning all,

Just about to pull the plug on an S3 Black Edition (Tech Pack) in Nano Grey with the folding mirrors and parking sensors front and rear.

Got the below offer via Audi which I am tempted by as think it is good?
- 3yr PCP, 10k mpa, £7k discount on OTR
- £750 Deposit
- £498 per month

Having looked into it some more I am however slightly concerned about the recent changes with the model and wondering if now is the right time.

I suppose it is more of the unknown around the injector changes and the exhaust sounds after the GPF. I note a few owners on here have the new cars but still further investigations needed to do on engine pics/exhaust comparisons.

I am also seeing conflicting info on the tax amount, the spec above comes to £40,570 on the nose. Which minus the first year tax and registration fee comes to £40k exactly. Is it over £40k list that has the extra tax amount or is it £40k and over...it seems the wording on the gov.uk site is "over £40k list price" so I should be ok?!

Thanks
James

Nice order James! I assume this is on a new car? Seems a good deal that you have got! If you're concerned about the noise then a 6 month old car or something would address that. Waiting wouldn't change the changes they're making to the S3 (and other models to follow). Depends what it is you're after with the car? Noise aside it is a phenomenal car and highly doubt you'd be upset or disappointed, except maybe with the wait times for new cars at the moments. I believe tax charge is £40k or more. So if it is £40k then it will have the luxury car tax, as I understand it.

Nice order James! I assume this is on a new car? Seems a good deal that you have got! If you're concerned about the noise then a 6 month old car or something would address that. Waiting wouldn't change the changes they're making to the S3 (and other models to follow). Depends what it is you're after with the car? Noise aside it is a phenomenal car and highly doubt you'd be upset or disappointed, except maybe with the wait times for new cars at the moments. I believe tax charge is £40k or more. So if it is £40k then it will have the luxury car tax, as I understand it.

Hi, yes new car order :)

Noise is not a major factor, I like noise don't get me wrong (currently have a F80 M3 CP) but it isn't a major factor for a new car. I would be disappointed if it meant it sounded like a non-S/RS car, but is it the end of the world for me if it does? probably not. I just suppose it would be good to hear a comparison, from what I have read it seems there is still the pops and bags in Dynamic and so from me that will no doubt be enough.

I don't mind waiting on the new car, I was told April/May for the order and my M3 doesn't hit 3yrs until September so as long as before that I don't mind.

Thanks for input on tax - the wording is officially "If a vehicle has a list price (the published price before any discounts) of more than £40,000". So it's an interesting discussion. I will need to find an example of someone with it falling on £40k and see what happened!

Nice buy. Nano grey looks great against the black trim and grille. I’ve also just ordered a new S3, can’t wait. Scheduled build week is 08/19. There was another thread that cleared up the tax issue. If I can find it I’ll copy the link. As I understood, if you’re vehicle is £40,000 or less it’s not part of the luxury tax rate. If the vehicle is £40,001 or more it is so think you should be £140