Facelift Low RPM when braking

Kery

Reaction score
Can the rpm fall below 1k during braking even if the car is not stop?
At some low speed, the rpm indicates around 800 while braking. Is that mean the gear goes to N during driving?

Sounds like you might be in the eco setting, where the car coasts. Is that so?

Its south korea. The car was manufactured from Hungary. Would you let me know the eco setting? Ive never heard about it.

It’s one of the Drive Select options - it’s actually called Efficiency. It allows the car to coast - which I hate so never use it.
Lots of info on this forum. Including comments from folk who have run fuel consumption tests that seem to show it has very little effect!

It’s one of the Drive Select options - it’s actually called Efficiency. It allows the car to coast - which I hate so never use it.
Lots of info on this forum. Including comments from folk who have run fuel consumption tests that seem to show it has very little effect!

Ah, i dont use that mode. I mostly drive it with auto or dynamic...
As far as i know, it only changes throttle responce and gear timing snd steering power..

the rpm when the car is stop with my foot on the brake pedal, is ~800 rpm. I know its normal as the gear goes to N in auto gear.

But i think the rpm shouldnt be less than 1k when the engine is engaged with the transmission unless it goes to N. It happens at the low speed while braking and goes back to 1k when i off the brake pedal. Im not sure any other Face lift A3 has same phenomena as mine.