Engine oil

As a new member I asked this very same question, but my first reply from a certain member (who I have never named but he knows who he is) was a rather unhelpful "look in the frequently asked questions section". :(
I am helpful though, and its nice to be nice. :)
Here is a link to the oil I have, which is the approved spec according to my owners manual.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Castrol-...-Litre-5w30-/161862949078?hash=item25afc898d6

Reactions: MikeParkin, Audi Bairn and oli356
Hi all My s3 8v needs a top up with oil what oil do I get.
Cheers
Did you not get one with the car? Most of us on here got a 1lt bottle in the boot in a nice leather case :)

Reactions: MikeParkin and Audi Bairn
Most of us on here got a 1lt bottle in the boot in a nice leather case :)
That would have been nice....but unfortunately not. :(
I've read about a few people on here getting a litre of oil with their brand new Audi, but believe it must be a specific dealer practice.
I have never had this with new cars from either Ford, Honda or Audi.

That would have been nice....but unfortunately not. :(
I've read about a few people on here getting a litre of oil with their brand new Audi, but believe it must be a specific dealer practice.
I have never had this with new cars from either Ford, Honda or Audi.
Oh right, come to think of it the one I had in the S3 is still around the house somewhere! If anyone is in the Chester/Wirral area give me a shout and I'll pass it over :)

As a new member I asked this very same question, but my first reply from a certain member (who I have never named but he knows who he is) was a rather unhelpful "look in the frequently asked questions section". :(
I am helpful though, and its nice to be nice. :)
Here is a link to the oil I have, which is the approved spec according to my owners manual.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Castrol-...-Litre-5w30-/161862949078?hash=item25afc898d6
Thanks for your help much appreciated.

Reactions: Ron240 and Audi Bairn
Did you not get one with the car? Most of us on here got a 1lt bottle in the boot in a nice leather case :)

Got one with every new Audi I’ve had but not in a leather case. Just the shell one with the disposable funnels. Use to get one with every service as well but most have stopped doing that. Must have like 10 1litre bottles sitting in my garage.

Reactions: S32B
When I bought my18 S3 it had a top up 1 litre bottle of 0w30 Castrol Titanium in the back.