how to get off metal raised badges?

willnabby

RS-one day soon!!
Reaction score
does anyone know how to ge raised badges off without damaging the paint? I thought about using a credit card behind it but thought I'd ask you all for advice.

Thanks in advance:icon_thumright:

I read on here to use hot water and dental floss and I have to say, it worked a treat!

I started with the dental floss and stopped part way through till I get more advice, It was working fine but as i've checked progress behind the badge I've noticed it leaves the foam adhesive backing still on the car body, am I doing it right? if so how do you get the foam adhesive off without damage to the paint:think:

Cheers in advance for any replys.

Use WD40. This loosens the adhesive and you can gently wipe it off. Might take a while but it will disappear without any risk to the paintwork.

You need some heat! Hair dryer or heat gun on lowest setting will soften the adhesive, meaning it can be gently rolled off using a fingertip and mild rubbing pressure. So, the order is, heat the area until warm, use the floss to remove the badge, rewarm, then rub the adhesive with a fingertip firmly and you will find it starts to lift and roll up and come off. Chances are you'll be left with a slightly sticky residue after the adhesive tape is removed, but a gentle wipe with a citrus degreaser or all purpose cleaner will cut through this and leave the paint perfectly smooth. I use the same method when swapping my metal number plates (I use sticky pads to hold them on). :)