thermostat

linford-quattro

Reaction score
Yesterday on my usual gym route I noticed it didnt get up to temp (90) it was sat below it.

Been on a short run this morning to double check, it hits 90 then drops back down below then hits 90 then drops again. If I put the heaters on it drops even more and I'm not sure they were as hot as they should be.

Is this the thermostat, I've also red it could be the egr cooler, I've had the egr blanked and coded out in the map though

Have you had a vcds scan done to see if it has any faults recorded?

No sandra no scans have been done to check for codes. Only started yesterday. Plus Ive been on the hunt for someone to do some vcds mods since i bought thre car lol. So ill probably have to have my pants down for a scan (which probably wont find anything lol)

No sandra no scans have been done to check for codes. Only started yesterday. Plus Ive been on the hunt for someone to do some vcds mods since i bought thre car lol. So ill probably have to have my pants down for a scan (which probably wont find anything lol)
Where you located?

OBDeleven will do all the scans you want and the Codeing.

AT only £60 or so its a tool well worth the money.

They have a Christmas promo right now aswell.

OBDeleven <---- Clicky

Im lending a code reader tomorrow, so if it has thrown up a code time will tell

So the code reader I was able to lend was a cheap thing and wouldn't work.

On the short drive back to mine it got to temp, pulled onto the drive and the window was a little misted so hit the blowers/ ac and the temp started to drop. Turned the ac/heaters off and it rose back to 90 degrees

I called at a friends who has the carrista (similar) to obd11. Did a scan and didnt find anything. Last few days ive been stuck in all this christmas traffic moving at slow speeds. It seems to have cured itself. It gets to 90 and is now only dropping randomly but very minimal.