A3 doubledin concert retrofit vcds coding??

Ade6

Reaction score
Hello all, i useto have a single din concert radio in my 3 door a3 but i was offerd a double din set up for cheap (from a 2010 sportback) so bought this and installed it all, after i used the car the music didnt sound as basey as before but i thought this was just in my head?? Anyway, i run a googlenostic and realised you can code the radio!! So my code was 0710011 which meant it was sedan/coupe with passive speakers. So i changed the 3rd 1 in to a 0 which meant it was now running no passive speakers and i “think” its now back to how it was, my question is my car is a 2006 a3 8p 3 door non bose, are my speakers passive or non passive? That is the question :)
Thankyou in advance..

I find if you chat to your local Audi parts department and give your reg and ask them politely if they could print you a data sheet off your car .
where i would hope it would tell you if Passive or Non passive speakers where fitted to your car when it left the Factory

Thank you, i should have checked the radio before i sold it on what the coding was i will give them a call today and see what they say.
Thank you

Thank you, i should have checked the radio before i sold it on what the coding was i will give them a call today and see what they say.
Thank you
Am a bit confused with this bit if you now have sold that Radio on and have put an upgraded one in its place ( if oem ) get someone to code the new one in , the coding will depend on what you have in your car . Ie Aux, MFSW , Telephone , Cd etc

Sorry for the confusion. i removed a single din audi concert and replaced it with a double din concert But when i instaled it it didnt sound as basey as before, i have coded it with vcds to 0 to no passive speakers no correction and i think its back to how it was so i assumed the coding was in the radio?

After looking up passive / non passive check when you put your bass on to see if you have an Amp in the boot on the left hand side , you should be able to feel the bouncing if you have an amp , if not i think you have non passive speakers but don't quote me.
Might be worth looking at upgrading the speakers with an amp and aftermarket stereo

I have a sub in the back yes, but i was under the impression that the bose has a seperate amp that controls the speakers? I dont have bose so i thought mine would be non passive?

The seperate amp i'm not 100% sure and i have Bose plus my Head Unit is the Rns-e so all i had to do was move a wire from one pin to another to get my Amp in the back to work . So i have to say i sm a bit stumped with your set up.
What about taken note off your coding and then play around with yhe coding and see if there is any big differences . Sorry i can't be more helpful.
If your cable is genuine register it with Ross-tech and pop a post in there forum as there is a lot off help in there

I have taken note lf the code it originaly had i will do the same the weekend ill ajust it untill it sounds to my liking. Thanks for your help

Just a quick update on this i realised when turning music up it started to distort and sound awfull so ajusted it from 0 passive speakers to sedan/coupe with passive speakers and it now sounds as it should! So im guessing 0 (no passive speakers) is bose and 1 (passive speakers) is a standard setup.