Audi S3 8p updated clutch

Grat

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the club...... I’m just wondering where’s the best place to get a new clutch from and do you change the dmfw at the same time? I’m after an updated one as I will be doing some tweeks in the next few months as it stands my s3 only has a map on but will be after going to stage 2/stage 2+ in the not so distant future

Thanks Dave

I’m in the same situation atm the better one seems to be a spec 2+ or 3+ clutch with a steel single mass fly wheel but the single mass Can cause gearbox problems I’m still researching into it all myself.

There have been issues with the Spec clutches.
When I get one it will be a Helix. Higher torque rating than a Sachs.

Is that with a LUK dual mass ? @prt57
Hi there,
If I go down the dmf route it will be a LUK.
I will chat to AKS nearer to the time as I may have a hybrid turbo and so need to be sure it will cope. I don’t want a clutch that cannot be driven in traffic which may rule out the puck friction plate.

Everyone on the tfsi page on Facebook Rave about the helix setup as in it’s a fit and forget part in most cases unless going big turbo I believe

I've got Spec Stg2+ and Spec SMF but I'll change it for a Helix and LUK dual mass flywheel at some stage.

At first I was set on a Sachs then this time last week it was a spec setup with SMF and now I’ve changed again
So am I right in thinking If I go with helix I’ll be fine unless I’m wanting to go down the big turbo route and don’t launch the car ?

My son had 2 Helix organics. The first one packed in and he could not engage gears with the engine running. However, the service by AKS who fitted it was first class and it was replaced straight away. There had been a problem with the pressure plate springs.
The 2nd one was fine and and after bedding it in it felt oem regarding driveabity but with a stronger pedal as all performance clutches will have stronger clamping springs.

I think there’s mixed feedback about all of them to be be fair (Spec, Helix, Sach, RTS).

The Spec Stg2+ is rated at 456ftlb and withstand launching relatively frequently. Downside is you need their single mass flywheel. If I’m honest it’s as easy to drive as stock, there is little noise (chatter) but more vibration/harshness that the dual mass flywheel deals with.

The Helix is rated at about 420’ish ftlb and near stock feel but used the standard dual mass flywheel. From what I’m told these will handle occasional launching. I think is the organic nature of the clutch plate that doesn’t like continued launching (someone will confirm?!)

RTS are big in the JDM space and are relatively new to the VAG scene but some of the guys running them in their Seats are giving positive reviews

Im not too sure about Sach.

I don’t think the Sachs is rated as high as the equivalent Helix. After driving a car with both, the Sachs has slightly softer pedal imo.

Just been reading on another forum about someone having high revs gear changes with a Spec clutch. Heard about this before. Stick to Helix imo.