No heat inside car

kieran lloyd

Reaction score
Hi

I am getting no heat at all inside the car the heaters are blowing as they should but it cold which obviously isn't any good now it's getting cold again.

I have searched already but says about having a leak etc coolant in football but I have no leaks at all the only issue is cold air.

Would it still be the heater matrix?

I had this on my old B7. It only blew cold out, strangely air con still worked though.

Turned out to be the heater matrix.

Mart.

There are a couple of things this could be but if its not losing coolant that's a good thing as that's the costly cause ruled out. It could be a blocked heater matrix but it could also be a faulty motor on the heater box that controls the flow of air either directly into the cabin from outside or over the heater matrix for warm air. A vcds scan would be a good start but if you haven't got access to that you can take out the glovebox and see the motors, I'm not sure offhand which one it is but you can run through the controls with the engine running to see which ones move and possibly work it out from there.

As above, the motors and flap systems can break.
Are you sure there is no hot air at all or is it just drivers side? I had cold air only on the drivers side, but pass side was fine. It was down to a snapped arm on the flap motor in the drivers footwell.

Anyone know the size of tube needed to be able to flush out the coolant from engine bay

Sound like blocked matrix. Pain to do, but always seems to sort it out

I've got same issues with my 3.0tdi. I flushed the whole system and back flushed the heater matrix and now I get a hint of warm air in the car but not great. Fortunately I only work a couple of miles from home so I can live with it.
In the summer I'm planning to join the heater pipes together and bypass the matrix so I can remove it but still drive the car. Vids on YouTube show it is a bit fiddly but doable. I'll try to clean it out but more than likely fit a new matrix.
Does anyone know the internal diameter of the hoses feeding the matrix so I can buy an inline connector?