Acceleration issues on A4 avant B6

Adam Cordell

Reaction score
Hi Audi-crew,

I'm new here. New Audi for me, which I bought about 3 weeks ago. I love it, but it has some issues with acceleration. The turbo seems to be faulty. I don't know for sure, but symptoms are;

1) From low revs pushing through to high as it'll go - sporadic, intermittent shaking through the rev range
2) It won't rev over 3750 rpm
3) Especially bad in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th
4) Seems to have a slightly lower than expected MPG
5) Definite lack of turbocharged acceleration

For context, it came from a very good home. It has full dealership history. But it sat on a driveway for the best part of a year without much, or any use. I'm sure it's not a massive issue. Driven granny-style you can't really tell there is an issue, but I would like to drive it harder than that, if only for the honeymoon period.

Does anyone have any knowledge of such an issue. I've organised to have it be looked at, but wondered if there is anything I can do myself than might avoid my friend having to go out of his way to squeeze me into an already packed diary.

Cheers,

Adam

First thing to check.

Disconnect the MAF and see if it runs any better. Ususally the MAFs being faulty cause running problems, can also be checked using vagcom and logging what the maf is reading. Disconnecting the MAF will also cause the engine light to come on, but will dissapear when reconnected.

Reactions: Adam Cordell
What engine is it? 1.9 tdi could be injector loom. Could be a plethora of things. Ideally you need to have the car scanned with vcds and do some logs etc.