Window motors interchangeable?

robsy

Reaction score
Audi a3 2008 3 door, my drivers side window motor is knackered. The part number is
8p0959801k.

I've read on 1 site that I can use motors with part numbers
8p0959801J and
8p0959801M.
Does anyone know if this is correct as I've already wasted money buying one incorrect motor, number
8p0959802H.

Thanks
Paul

As far as i am aware the 2 modules you mention wont work in your car as you have manual folding , electric heated wing mirrors . But if you wanted to upgrade to the Autofolding mirrors i have 2 spare modules for this upgrade

http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sin.../959/subcategory/959010/part_id/255107/lang/e

id go for 8p0959801M

edit- looking at ebay listings for it, it seems the M version is highline, so things like autofolding mirrors and doors lights etc so the price is high for it compared to the H version.

thinking aloud, wouldnt it be possible to swap over the modules, so that your old K module is on the H motor? the parts catalogue looks like they are seperate pieces.

Last edited:
Ah right I didn't know you could do that, I'll take a look as at the moment I just have 2 non working motors so it can't harm.

not saying it can be definitely be done, but this is how im envisioning it

so you seperate the module from the motor, and replace the motor part.

are you definitely sure its the motor, and not the regulator, or even broken wire(s) in the door loom?

Pretty sure it's the motor, all the switches still light up and it doesn't work from the remote. Doesn't seem like the regulator as it just stopped working one day stick closed. No slowing down or sticking noises.

http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sin.../959/subcategory/959010/part_id/255107/lang/e

id go for 8p0959801M

edit- looking at ebay listings for it, it seems the M version is highline, so things like autofolding mirrors and doors lights etc so the price is high for it compared to the H version.

thinking aloud, wouldnt it be possible to swap over the modules, so that your old K module is on the H motor? the parts catalogue looks like they are seperate pieces.
H module has got to be capable off running all the other things he has in his car cause if in the opition box it doesnt have 1 off his things ie doorhandle lights then it will throw up faults.
J, M, P modules wont help him either unless he is upgrading to Autofolding mirrors as it doesmt have electric heated manual in the option box for module in 42 / 52

H module has got to be capable off running all the other things he has in his car cause if in the opition box it doesnt have 1 off his things ie doorhandle lights then it will throw up faults.
J, M, P modules wont help him either unless he is upgrading to Autofolding mirrors as it doesmt have electric heated manual in the option box for module in 42 / 52

etka says that M can be used in place of J K and N, no mention of H , but i see what youre saying about H, although where would these faults be thrown up? if they arent outwardly visible eg. on the dash, and assuming he doesnt have access to a tool like vcds how would he know whether there are faults other than things not working which is the situation he has now.

id swap the modules over, that way you know you are using the correct module. if it still doesnt work, youre looking at another issue. a fault scanner would help here.

View attachment 167172
etka says that M can be used in place of J K and N, no mention of H , but i see what youre saying about H, although where would these faults be thrown up? if they arent outwardly visible eg. on the dash, and assuming he doesnt have access to a tool like vcds how would he know whether there are faults other than things not working which is the situation he has now.

id swap the modules over, that way you know you are using the correct module. if it still doesnt work, youre looking at another issue. a fault scanner would help here.
Just so the guy see whats in M Module i have posted for him.
20180912 143423 1440x1920

Last edited:
you know that to use manual fold mirrors using the image you attach, youd just subtract that number xxx4096 from the present code, right?
I have to say i never knew that until i just added my N module code to 4096 . So why wouldn't people just upgrade from K to M rather than buy another K as it limits your options with the K Module ?.
The other thing i noticed is he has 801k as drivers Module but in my car Dtivers is 802

Just an update fellas, swapped the modules over and still not working. Definitely not the regulator as I tried it with the unit removed from the door. Just get a slight clicking nose from the module/motor. I have obd eleven and it is showing an error with the drivers door mirror motor, 042 I believe.thinking the control module is faulty.

Just an update fellas, swapped the modules over and still not working. Definitely not the regulator as I tried it with the unit removed from the door. Just get a slight clicking nose from the module/motor. I have obd eleven and it is showing an error with the drivers door mirror motor, 042 I believe.thinking the control module is faulty.
Have checked ebay for you and they have 802K but cant find you a 801K. So my offer is still there if you wish to upgrade your modules , check the pm

I have to say i never knew that until i just added my N module code to 4096 . So why wouldn't people just upgrade from K to M rather than buy another K as it limits your options with the K Module ?.
The other thing i noticed is he has 801k as drivers Module but in my car Dtivers is 802
Dunno if it does limit it tbh, as etka says they're interchangeable they should offer the same options.
As to why someone would go for k over m, there's no reason to. The cheapest of the two would be cool.

Yeah that's odd, drivers is 801 passenger 802, but from the image you took it looks like you can assign sides.

Dunno if it does limit it tbh, as etka says they're interchangeable they should offer the same options.
As to why someone would go for k over m, there's no reason to. The cheapest of the two would be cool.

Yeah that's odd, drivers is 801 passenger 802, but from the image you took it looks like you can assign sides.
You can not assign sides as mirrors would work opposite ie switching to drivers would work passengers as i did that and could work it out as my mate at Audi parts rule off thumb is any even passengers side odd drivers but for some reason the doors are different probably due to Germans driving on opposite off road .
I have told the guy i have N or M but to check M and see what he has

Reactions: samisnake