Facelift Squeaky Rear Springs? Brand New S3

desi112

Reaction score
Website
www.globalsoundrecords.co.uk
Hi Guys,

I've had my Audi S3 Saloon Black Edition S Tronic for approx 2 months now and covered just over 1,000 miles. Every-time I go over a bump I can hear a lot of squeaking from possibly the rear springs. I opened the boot today and pressed up and down on the boot floor a few times and it sounds like the right rear spring is making most of the noise.

Just wondering if this is normal on a brand new car?
Will this noise go away or do I need to take some action?

I've read some threads on here about other people having similar issues and seems like it could be anything! I guess I'll keep testing different things out until I can locate the issue.

The idiots probably forgot to take the transport blocks out the shock when they pdi the car.
Had that twice from the same dealer.

Reactions: Jimbob76
The idiots probably forgot to take the transport blocks out the shock when they pdi the car.
Had that twice from the same dealer.

Good shout - wouldn’t be the first time this has happened and sure as hell won’t be the last. Never underestimate stupid. In transport, cars are fitted with plastic ‘pucks’ to limit the movement of the shocks. It’s not unknown for these not to be removed during the PDI check...

C38EACFB 3834 4A37 8946 D48485A49D3B

However, this wouldn’t necessarily manifest itself via ‘squeaking’ - the suspension would feel very bangy and crashy. Worth checking though.

One other thought - are you sure this is definitely suspension related? A common-ish fault (covered under warranty) can be squeaky driver’s seat mountings...

Hi Guys,

I've looked under the car and can't see the the shipping blocks, but will take another look. The car was prepared by Audi Swindon which is around 100 miles away from me.

I'll keep checking to find out what the noise is and try and post a video up here of the noise today.

I really don't want to take it to my local Audi dealer as I had a previous car in there for body repair and they really botched it!!

if I have to take it to the dealer I'll take it to my 2nd nearest dealership.

Thanks for the help!