Cabrio Enquiry

Kwatrow

Reaction score
I've been recruited to assist my daughter buying an A4 cabrio and wondered if you could assist in answering a couple of questions please.

Her budget is around £3,500, will this get a B7 model. In fact can you tell me when the B7 cabrio came out.

Are there any no, no's with engine choice. I'm thinking from a reliability point of view bearing in mind the age and budget. Is the diesel/petrol thing just a personal choice, is a 2.0 litre significantly better than a 1.8 litre. I don't believe performance is keenly sought.

Bearing in mind the car will probably be a 100k miler would diesel be better from a longevity aspect.

I'm guessing check the folding hood for operation and condition is probably one of the most important issues.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

While I was searching for my Avant I noticed that the Cabrios generally had lower mileages. You might get a nice mileage for 3.5K
Some of the 2.0Tdi's have oil pump drive problems.
The 3.0Tdi's are meant to be solid after 06. 04/05 suffered cam chain.
Cant comment on the petrols.

I am selling my A4 B6 3.0L V6 Quattro Sport Tiptronic Cabriolet if you are interested.
I’m the third owner, bought it from a neighbour, 1st “owner” was Portsmouth Audi.

Silver, black hood, grey leather seats.
Just been valeted for sale.
93k but runs very well, always had it serviced regularly by a local Audi independent.
Needs a new MOT next month and some minor TLC.
Cam belt changed at 70k so good for another 50k.
New discs and pads last year. New tyres recently too.

Will accept a lot less than £3.5k. Give you lots of options to fettle/upgrade etc.
See my eBay ad: seamaster410

Kind regards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro