What power from these extras?

M

markbrown87

Got a facelift s3 8p DSG all standard, changed the oil and filter, cam filter, PCV, new diverter valve.

Looking at running a pipe werx 3” downpipe and decat to standard rear section,
Oversized ramair induction kit.

Looking to get an remap but wondered what figures I should be getting from this. Will the DSG box be ok?

Cheers guys

Got a facelift s3 8p DSG all standard, changed the oil and filter, cam filter, PCV, new diverter valve.

Looking at running a pipe werx 3” downpipe and decat to standard rear section,
Oversized ramair induction kit.

Looking to get an remap but wondered what figures I should be getting from this. Will the DSG box be ok?

Cheers guys

The DSG box doesn’t get challenged until you go to big turbos 450 bhp so don’t worry bout that, with the airflow mods a stage 1 remap will probably see 40 to 60 bhp, maybe a bit more over stock. Need to increase the fueling then to go stage 2 or 2+, plenty of threads on it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those mods alone will take you to approx 330 BHP and it will be classed as a stage 2 with a custom tuner. Similar torque figures too.
If the brass inlet to the fuel pump is drilled out to 5mm you may get a bit more. The big increase in torque comes with added fueling in the form of an uprated pump and RS4 fuel valve.

Those mods alone will take you to approx 330 BHP and it will be classed as a stage 2 with a custom tuner. Similar torque figures too.
If the brass inlet to the fuel pump is drilled out to 5mm you may get a bit more. The big increase in torque comes with added fueling in the form of an uprated pump and RS4 fuel valve.

Sorry to Hi jack this thread but I have never heard of this???

"If the brass inlet to the fuel pump is drilled out to 5mm"

It's widely regarded that the brass inlet restricts fuel flow, so drilling it out to 5mm should open it up more and provide more fuel when it's needed.
I have looked for this part as an individual item so I could do it, and if things went wrong I could replace it, but I have not found it as an individual item, which makes me think that if you get it wrong you will be buying a new HPFP.
For me, that's too much risk.

Ahh fair game, Back when I had my first S3 I never heard of that mod. If I had known I wouldn't of thrown all my old fuel pumps out haha.

I will also take a look for the part, surely its available

Ahh fair game, Back when I had my first S3 I never heard of that mod. If I had known I wouldn't of thrown all my old fuel pumps out haha.

I will also take a look for the part, surely its available
Maybe i was unlucky trying to find it, but I didn't spend much more than 30-40 mins looking.
If you track it down, please let me know.

Unfortunately it's complete pump. I haven't seen the brass fitting or top jack sold separately.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
The pressure relief valve under the plastic cap is not available separately but I saw a parts picture on another forum that showed the brass inlet leading up from the rubber fuel pipe available as a separate part.
Beware of dropping the sealing washer between the brass inlet and the pump body

Isn't the part we are on about the brass connector that the metal pipe screws on to on the bottom of the pump?

Isn't the part we are on about the brass connector that the metal pipe screws on to on the bottom of the pump?

No, it is the inlet to the left of the metal pipe connector. To be sure, it is the one that the rubber hose connects onto.
Uprated pumps like the Loba have this predrilled at their factory

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 226
Might sound stupid but can’t you drill the oem part of the stock pump and then use it on the new hpfp?

I think the idea was to save the original part in case the pump was going to be returned to standard.

I think the part would be cheaper from Audi UK

Is there a part number for it?
I'd rather modify one that isn't fitted to the pump and then fit it when the hole is drilled out and it's not damaged in any way.

Pop to Audi and they will tell you the part number.
Is there a part number for it?
I'd rather modify one that isn't fitted to the pump and then fit it when the hole is drilled out and it's not damaged in any way.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove