careful if you placed an advert on pistonheads recently

Raiden

Reaction score
I almost fell for it as it looked really genuine. I placed an advert back in Feb and I got an email saying I was entitled to some money back so just click the link to verify and enter your password,bank details etc. Not that I know much about IT but the padlock on the top of the screen was there but I thought hang on I better check and email piston heads to make sure because if it's too good to be true it usually is.

They replied and even said wow that's a ****** good scam email and that it looks very genuine. So watch out

Reactions: Ghost, DieselJake and JJ_2018
Never click links is a good philosophy to have.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Raiden
Thanks for the heads up, I quite often see convincing emails and I create websites/emails every day :playful: can often see by the email address or link whether it's genuine or not for example trustmeiamreal@pistonhead124blahblahgenuine.fr I wouldn't trust same as the link being www.genuinecarpistonmehead.com/billingrefundforfree you can usually copy the link url by holding it down and clicking copy url (for mobile) or right clicking and copying the link url (for desktop) and pasting it in the browser without clicking go (unless the email address and link look genuine) that's what I do anyway.