B8.5 CREC Tuning and Lowering (with Damper Control)

Scott.T

Reaction score
Hi Chaps and Chapet's,

I may be returning to the Audi brand after a couple of years away and I'm considering a S4/S5 B8.5 if the right Saloon/Avant or Sportback spec'd car turns up.

Looked at a very clean example earlier in the week, so it's there for the taking if I decide that's the way I want to go. Based on this cars spec' I do have a couple of questions (see thread title).

When I was last frequenting this forum there didn't appear to be any options for the CREC ECU, which I believe replaced the SIMOS unit in earlier models. This car is a Sept 2015 vehicle, so I assume it will be CREC.
If so, what are the tuning options ?

Also this car has 'Damper Control' and I seem to recall there was an issue with these when fitting Eibach Springs. If I remember correct there was an additional 'doughnut' somewhere preventing the car lowering on the Eibachs, perhaps just on the rear. If someone could confirm it would be appreciated.

DTUK do a tuning box for the newer engine and APR do a bolt on charger pulley for the newer model charger along with a map.

No idea on the springs but I’d be interested to find out as I have them sitting waiting to go on mine and I also have damper control.

Tuning: Celtic, APR, Revo, MRC (of the ones I know - there will be more). I've a CREC and am APR tuned. I'd be wary of going beyond stage 2 (supercharger or crank pulley) on CREC. I've had my supercharger clutch go twice whilst being ultracharged.

No idea on lowering.

Reactions: V6_Man
CREC is the engine code. The ECU is still SIMOS, but it is version 16 (the previous ones were 8.x). Fortunately it was cracked around 18 months ago so is tuneable as per @arad85 's post.

I believe that to lower a damper control car you'd need to replace the dampers, but I could be wrong.