What's missing from here?

Genius

Reaction score
Just been pulling my car apart to clean it and found that whilst I seem to have quite a few of the tools there's also a few empty spaces, anyone have an idea what's missing?

DSC_3443.jpg

Towbar coupling in top part.

Ok thanks, don't need (or want) a towbar so will leave as is

I need a tow bar place in the A4. currently just have to throw it under the floor!

always wondered what I was missing too as mine looks similar with empty gaps. I do have that weird black bar as an extra though haha. Need to get the proper plastic middle to secure the spare properly.
IMG 0844

I need a tow bar place in the A4. currently just have to throw it under the floor!

always wondered what I was missing too as mine looks similar with empty gaps. I do have that weird black bar as an extra though haha. Need to get the proper plastic middle to secure the spare properly.View attachment 162107

It looks as if you already have a space to store the factory Westfalia tow bar hitch and the plastic thing to secure the spare wheel!
The knurled knob/nut? thing visible in the lower right of your pic is used to hold down the spare wheel, just screw it in.
You might need to flip over the wheel to get it to fit (I did on my old A4 but that had the toolkit contained in a round piece of foam within the wheel) or just leave it as it currently is and see if it screws in.....
Once that knob/ nut is removed youll find the tow hook will fit in there.....

the "thread' for the wheel is too short on mine. If I flip the wheel over it doesn't sit flush and the boot floor isn't right. I need a longer one (don't we all ;) ) and I can secure it properly

I mean the tow bar for the A4, not the S3

I have the the original polythene bag for putting a dirty spare wheel in, it sits in rectangular cut out next to the tow ball. anyone else still have one in their toolkit?
As for the Original poster question, There is is space reserved for the hook that removes the hubcaps.