Wheel size help

Chris Oshea

Reaction score
Would 18” cades 5x100 fit ok on my a3 8v saloon sport and what kind of drop in springs would i need

That post made no sense to me, but lets start with the obvious: you're never going to fit a 5x100 rim on a 5x112 pattern. You need to provide width and offset of the rim as well as tyre width for us to have a chance to help you.

Sorry thats all the advert had said, ive have no idea what all the numbers and letters mean, i decided just to buy them new they are called cades bern so what do i need to fit my car mine at the moment are 17”

From their site http://www.cadeswheels.com/bern.html it looks like you can go with either 18x8" ET42 (18" diameter, 8" wide, offset 42mm from center of the rim) or 18x9" ET45. My suggestion would be to go with 5x112 18x8" ET42 with 225/40/18 tyres.

Excellent fella cheers for checking them out for me Next question to keep the ride nice how low should i go using decent make springs

Try to take a look at a set of Eibach Pro-Kit, they're pretty comfortable and give the car a nice drop without getting too low IMO.