0-60 4.5/5 seconds 65 plate

Not sure. Mine was stage 1 but I never timed it. It felt significantly faster, though. That said, the big improvements in time would come beyond 60mph.

Not sure. Mine was stage 1 but I never timed it. It felt significantly faster, though. That said, the big improvements in time would come beyond 60mph.

Were you running a custom map, or tuning box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you running a custom map, or tuning box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Custom tune from MRC. It was hugely faster than stock.

Reactions: S3_Sanni
UPDATE:
So I got the car back from Audi after 2 and a half weeks...
All they could find was the gearbox oil level wasn't at max, they've topped it up and said it'll solve the issue.
Having had the car 2/3 weeks now it hasn't hopped out of gear.
I had a full tank and 2 people in the car and I did a launch 0-60 with a FULL tank.
It did it in the quickest time its done it- a low 4.5, the car was literally brimmed.
I have also had it on a FWD roller... it produced 377BHPmax and 380FtLb.
it peaked at 2,600rpm 377bhp, around the 5250 mark it was down to 330bhp-ish.
Intake temps seemed a lot higher than most....
started off just over 40 and at the end of the run was over 60 where as they commonly run 30-50 the lad said..
Audi returned the car with 35miles range and It went with just under a full tank... needless to say I wasn't happy an got a 50 quid cheque in the post.
since having it back its louder and pops louder and feels more angry and wants to go. Even the mrs noticed a difference an said it gave her butterflies when booting it...

Your power figures are not correct or you are reading the chart wrong. You will not be making peak power at 2600rpm.

Peak power should be made at 5k+, preferably 6k+ so you can use the full rev range. Are you reading the power and torque lines the wrong way round?

Your power figures are not correct or you are reading the chart wrong. You will not be making peak power at 2600rpm.

Peak power should be made at 5k+, preferably 6k+ so you can use the full rev range. Are you reading the power and torque lines the wrong way round?

Wow, don’t I feel silly. Yep, I’ve read them he wrong way round! I’ll upload a photo of it now. I still feel like the graph isn’t right... think I might message MRC with it see what they think.

Hope you can all see this.

Attachments

• D0ED63A8-8D2D-479A-88F7-E51072F18816.jpeg
    D0ED63A8-8D2D-479A-88F7-E51072F18816.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 279
  • 147B0BA1-9FF8-457E-AB37-836F10742D43.jpeg
    147B0BA1-9FF8-457E-AB37-836F10742D43.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 272
At first glance it looks spot on. Not sure why you're not getting into the 3's to 60mph.

Yes, nothing wrong with that chart.

https://www.mlperformance.co.uk/products/dragy

Instead of wasting money on dyno’s, buy yourself a Dragy, half a tank, on your own on a quiet stretch of private runway and do a 0-100mph pull. If 60 is under or around 4secs and 100 is between 9-10secs then you have the power you should.

At first glance it looks spot on. Not sure why you're not getting into the 3's to 60mph.
That's what I thought! the fuel is low now so I'll see if my mates free with the dragy.

Instead of wasting money on dyno’s, buy yourself a Dragy, half a tank, on your own on a quiet stretch of private runway and do a 0-100mph pull. If 60 is under or around 4secs and 100 is between 9-10secs then you have the power you should.

I just wanted to be sure everything was running right and to check the car over as Audi have fobbed me off in the past...
I've been timing it with one of those off my mate. I've just sold my ultra gauge and once I get paid at the end of the month I think I'm going to buy one.

Ive only done a few runs to 60 so far in the 2 weeks ive had my 16 plate. In the wet the p zero dont seem to grip on launch like the ps4 on my s3 did, but managed a verified 4.3 and an unverified 4.1 (dragy) more testing needed

Is this for stage one times ??

Having came from a MK7 Golf R dsg so basically the same as S3 this is what I found.
Both cars standard RS3 is night and day quicker.
Golf R Apr stage 1 very similar performance to pfl RS3 standard until very high speed
Golf Apr stage 2 much quicker than standard RS3.

So unless the S3 is modified you should be wiping the floor with it.
But does sound like you have a problem, has the car had it’s spark plugs changed ?
Should be done every 19k

Coming also from a Golf R, I wouldn't say the difference to the RS3 in speed is night and day, my father drove my RS3 the other day and even commented that he felt the Golf R was faster (he didn't go above 4000 rpm in the RS3) and that the RS3 was bit lazy, which it is at low rpm. The RS3 is faster but not night and day. My Golf R was stock and was very fast, would hit 170 mph like it was nothing. The main difference and buying argument for me is the noise.

They do tend to make a bit of a hiss when on full boost cause the dv opens to regulate the boost pressure which is the noise you hear.
I done a little video of mine last week and you can hear that as the revs increase you can hear the turbo more.

Interesting, I don't hear this hiss on my car at all. In you car is very noticeable.

Ive only done a few runs to 60 so far in the 2 weeks ive had my 16 plate. In the wet the p zero dont seem to grip on launch like the ps4 on my s3 did, but managed a verified 4.3 and an unverified 4.1 (dragy) more testing needed
Best dry tyre I’ve used was the yoko ad08r semi slicks and Iv just swapped over to good year f1 for the winter and wet or dry I fine them brilliant and better then the PS4’s I had

Coming also from a Golf R, I wouldn't say the difference to the RS3 in speed is night and day, my father drove my RS3 the other day and even commented that he felt the Golf R was faster (he didn't go above 4000 rpm in the RS3) and that the RS3 was bit lazy, which it is at low rpm. The RS3 is faster but not night and day. My Golf R was stock and was very fast, would hit 170 mph like it was nothing. The main difference and buying argument for me is the noise.

Interesting, I don't hear this hiss on my car at all. In you car is very noticeable.

Stock R hitting 170...hmmm
Can't say i agree with you there.

Never had a golf R but I've had numerous S3's including the 8v 300hp one which is identical in performance to the R but the RS3 400ps is way quicker than the golf R and S3, and as for not getting above 4000rpm well there you go thats where the RS really takes off.
Would like to see a drag between the new R and the FL RS3, i think there would be a clear winner.

Reactions: Rayner_1704
I hit 170 on my 2016 Golf R several times.
For example in a straight where I would hit 153 on the Golf R I hit around 160 on the RS3, it is not night and day difference.

I have no doubt that the RS3 is the clear winner in a straight line, but it is not a HUGE difference as people may think.

I hit 170 on my 2016 Golf R several times.
For example in a straight where I would hit 153 on the Golf R I hit around 160 on the RS3, it is not night and day difference.

I have no doubt that the RS3 is the clear winner in a straight line, but it is not a HUGE difference as people may think.
Iv had the fl S3 and pfl rs3 and after 80 mph I think it is night and day and I imagine the go model is again another level

Interesting, I don't hear this hiss on my car at all. In you car is very noticeable.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it’s more noticeable because I’m running a k&n panel filter?

Iv had the fl S3 and pfl rs3 and after 80 mph I think it is night and day and I imagine the go model is again another level

I agree with this, my R was very quick away with virtually no turbo lag.
Although the RS3 is quicker the difference gets bigger the faster you go.
80 mph up the RS is excellent and 100 mph it really comes alive.

Reactions: Rayner_1704

Maybe it’s more noticeable because I’m running a k&n panel filter?[/QUOTE]

Yes thats probably the reason!

The rs3 I drove (ppl) was night and day to a golf imo when planting your foot and gear changing you felt the power just keep pushing whereas the gold it bleeds off

Plus the rs3 has the noise

Only thing I loved about the fl S3 over the pfl rs3 was the cabin the facelift has so many nicer touches