Sachs Clutch Kit XTend - Stage 1 ?

Tommmygunnn

Reaction score
Hi all,

The SACHS Clutch Kit XTend I've seen online for a very good price, however i'm wondering if it's even suitable for a A4 B7 Quattro 2.0TDI 170 BRD with a stage 1 remap? The price is considerably lower than that of other sachs clutches ive seen around and I'm guessing there is a reason and im hoping somebody can shed some light on it for me. I would still get this along with the LUK DMF if its deemed suitable.

Im getting my clutch and DMF replaced next week, and was about to purchase the LUK clutch and DMF for around £430 with eurocarparts discount which is I believe the general oem replacement, until I saw this. I was hoping to find something that is rated above OEM spec for the increased torque without costing around £800+.

Link to sachs clutch found: https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/sachs/1221961

I was also looking at black diamond, but they don't seem to list a clutch for my model. Called them and the rep gave me a model number suitable but doesn't seem to exist online, and cost around 330 for the clutch kit.

Thanks in advance

Does anyone have an idea on this as i'm looking to purchase either this or the OEM replacement LUK tonight/tomorrow depending on advise? Thanks guys!

I’ve read online that the Sachs xtend clutch kit can handle around 15% more torque over stock. So if your planning on going stage 1 I would go for the Sachs mate

I’ve read online that the Sachs xtend clutch kit can handle around 15% more torque over stock. So if your planning on going stage 1 I would go for the Sachs mate

This is what im confused about as I've seen Sachs Xtend clutches advertising the 15% more torque as you mentioned, but these models seem to be priced alot higher than the one im looking at. I cant seem to find the same advertised figures for this model above which is priced less than £200. I'm wondering if it's not actually a Xtend and is just an OEM spec model manufactured by Sachs.

I have now already hesitantly ordered the LUK model as I didnt want to gamble with the Sachs without confirmation it is speced above oem, as the LUK is the reliable recommended model for a stock replacement I felt it was the safer route. If somebody confirms different though im happy to buy the Xtend and return the LUK.