Facelift My S3 has arrived

B5BB18EA 66EB 48ED BC23 2E13040652BE

Reactions: tuningman73, rvtb101, Pinky1959 and 16 others
Daytona at its finest....that back panel will be popping in that sunlight!....I still think I have another Daytona left in me yet...

Fantastic looking car @Lisa. you enjoy. :) x

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Jassyo06
4497DB5C 7110 4EF9 ACA0 5D45EF7FDFFA
Thanks for all the lovely comments. Just back from testing out the matrix headlights, they are fantastic. I have a question about the interior lighting, should the cup holders and foot wells be aluminated when your driving ? Mine aren’t , Is there a setting section for the lighting ? A dusk photo to end the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: rvtb101, Audi Bairn, MattSedg and 6 others
View attachment 159027 Thanks for all the lovely comments. Just back from testing out the matrix headlights, they are fantastic. I have a question about the interior lighting, should the cup holders and foot wells be aluminated when your driving ? Mine aren’t , Is there a setting section for the lighting ? A dusk photo to end the day.

Yes both my cup holders and foot wells led's lights are on when im driving, i'm sure there is a setting in the MMI to turn these on.

Reactions: Lisa.
Yes both my cup holders and foot wells led's lights are on when im driving, i'm sure there is a setting in the MMI to turn these on.
I thought they should be on, had a look through the setting not found anything. I check the manual tomorrow..

I thought they should be on, had a look through the setting not found anything. I check the manual tomorrow..

Just had a quick look for you in my car. I couldn't find the setting's either. The only setting i found was the brightness of the lights.

View attachment 159027 Thanks for all the lovely comments. Just back from testing out the matrix headlights, they are fantastic. I have a question about the interior lighting, should the cup holders and foot wells be aluminated when your driving ? Mine aren’t , Is there a setting section for the lighting ? A dusk photo to end the day.

Great parking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Press Menu > Car > move the MMI wheel to the left > Vehicle Settings > Background Lighting and turn to max.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally, Jimbob76 and 1 other person
Press Menu > Car > move the MMI wheel to the left > Vehicle Settings > Background Lighting and turn to max.
I knew some Anorak would know this. ..... Lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, MattSedg, Jcbmally and 2 others

Cracking photo .. .. :thumbs up:

Reactions: MattSedg, Jcbmally, Lisa. and 2 others
Just had a quick look for you in my car. I couldn't find the setting's either. The only setting i found was the brightness of the lights.

Ah...so i did find the right setting, never thought @Lisa. mite have it turned all the way down. Sorry !

No worries. Just it now, they are turned up to the max. I also found how to have the mirrors turn in when you lock the car. Many thanks all

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, S3LOK and 1 other person
I knew some Anorak would know this. ..... Lol

Haha had a few minutes before the train this morning so thought I'd have a look to help out.

Reactions: MattSedg, Jcbmally, NevMan and 3 others
546692DB F043 449B B006 77C63E8906A8 Just love driving this car, still can’t believe it’s mine !! Driven just under 200 miles, so that’s about 100 laps of the island hard to stick to the speed limit over here, I think a trip to France may be in order. Unfortunately on closer inspection there are a few marks on the car and maybe more are masked by the gardex. Wish I’d just taken it with wrapping still on and gone to a professional detailer. Anyhow, not going to bother going back to dealer, they’ll only make matters worse, so b0oking it in with a detailer to be corrected and ceramic coated etc. Sorry , not the greatest photo
546692DB F043 449B B006 77C63E8906A8

Reactions: Jbond312, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 3 others
View attachment 159182 Just love driving this car, still can’t believe it’s mine !! Driven just under 200 miles, so that’s about 100 laps of the island hard to stick to the speed limit over here, I think a trip to France may be in order. Unfortunately on closer inspection there are a few marks on the car and maybe more are masked by the gardex. Wish I’d just taken it with wrapping still on and gone to a professional detailer. Anyhow, not going to bother going back to dealer, they’ll only make matters worse, so b0oking it in with a detailer to be corrected and ceramic coated etc. Sorry , not the greatest photo View attachment 159182
@Lisa. I had the same, GardX done, and a few marks some of which probably caused by application thereof. Ceramic & Pro Detailer the way to go, in my opinion, but a lot of others are very good at doing it themselves :icon thumright:

Stunning S3 @Lisa.

Have to say I’m not usually a big fan of the wheels, but they really work well with Daytona.

Enjoy!

Welcome to the Daytona club! I think the colour looks stunning and really shows the contours of the car, especially at twilight.

76B14B7E B1C7 464F AFDA DF82B2DA6DCD

Sorry to see about the marks in your paintwork. As others have said they should polish out quite easily with a DA polisher or ofcourse take the car to a professional detailer. The paintwork can then have sealant re-applied. If you have a crack at it yourself there are plenty of people who can give you advice... take a look at the detailing forum on here.

Glad you are enjoying the car!

Jungle

Reactions: Lehn, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 1 other person
Welcome to the Daytona club! I think the colour looks stunning and really shows the contours of the car, especially at twilight.

View attachment 159234

Sorry to see about the marks in your paintwork. As others have said they should polish out quite easily with a DA polisher or ofcourse take the car to a professional detailer. The paintwork can then have sealant re-applied. If you have a crack at it yourself there are plenty of people who can give you advice... take a look at the detailing forum on here.

Jungle
belter, that alu pack?

Reactions: NevMan
I'd been thinking either Sepang Blue or Nardo Grey for the next car , now im not sure .............that Daytona Grey is REALLY growing on me :greyrs4::hubbahubba:

View attachment 159234

Jungle
I’ve got a professional detailer coming to look at my car. Going to have gardex removed then he can have a proper look at paintwork and correct, hopefully ! Your car is stunning

Reactions: Tom.H, MattSedg and jungle650
Im sure the detailer will have the S3 looking just as it should.

Got cost of Gardx refunded - £366, and they offered to take my S3 in for a couple of days to have it re done by the Aston Martin valet trained supervisor, to which I declined, don’t trust them with my paintwork. Professional detailer coming tomorrow to start on my car, all at my own cost but at least it will be done properly. Feeling a bit disappointed

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn, MattSedg and 1 other person
Got cost of Gardx refunded - £366, and they offered to take my S3 in for a couple of days to have it re done by the Aston Martin valet trained supervisor, to which I declined, don’t trust them with my paintwork. Professional detailer coming tomorrow to start on my car, all at my own cost but at least it will be done properly. Feeling a bit disappointed
At least you got the refund mate, it will be shining like a new pin before long and the sad memories will be gone.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Lisa. and MattSedg
Disappointment will be gone when your car is properly detailed

Reactions: Lisa. and Jcbmally