Facelift Rear resonators

jaysrs4

Reaction score
Out of interest, has anyone chopped out the rear resonators from an FL yet?

Yes, just did today.
End result is marginally louder. As U can see from the photos, they aren't really a traditional resonator but more to keep certain frequencies down. I would think they are there to eliminate drone at a particular rpm.

No negative effect though with these removed. I drove under various conditions including on the freeway and there is no drone. Slightly more bass to the exhaust note.

If your expecting a good boost in exhaust note then this won't get you that. A bigger DP will yield a better exhaust note if you wish to retain the OEM muffler.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
fe40411725e19ddc3fe45fa49b9867c5.jpg
9be37282b47c9e730916cbada27d8ad2.jpg
94d5888641117a2b20f78fdcefc6ca7e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, just did today.
End result is marginally louder. As U can see from the photos, they aren't really a traditional resonator but more to keep certain frequencies down. I would think they are there to eliminate drone at a particular rpm.

No negative effect though with these removed. I drove under various conditions including on the freeway and there is no drone. Slightly more bass to the exhaust note.

If your expecting a good boost in exhaust note then this won't get you that. A bigger DP will yield a better exhaust note if you wish to retain the OEM muffler.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
fe40411725e19ddc3fe45fa49b9867c5.jpg
9be37282b47c9e730916cbada27d8ad2.jpg
94d5888641117a2b20f78fdcefc6ca7e.jpg

Hi buddy thanks for the response. Out of interest have you got a standard or sports exhaust?

Sports exhaust

I was going to chop mine out but now that I've seen the inside I can't see it making enough difference to justify the cost. Will hold off and just do the DP.

Post appreciated :)

I was going to chop mine out but now that I've seen the inside I can't see it making enough difference to justify the cost. Will hold off and just do the DP.

Post appreciated :)

Which DP you thinking of going with? I'm wondering wether I do the same or just get a valve controller...

I already have the valve controller which made a descent difference (not dramatic, as essentially you aren't changing the exhaust itself).

I'm pretty much set on the APR unit (catless). The cast section to me is one of the smoothest profiles in the market and I like they way they have a graduated split in to two pipes early in the downpipe, rather than a tac on idea at the bottom of it that sends airflow almost perpendicular to the downpipe flow. To me it looks like it would be one of the better flowing units and aesthetically it please my OCD. :)