Oh bo***cks!

joost

Reaction score
A set of railings jumped out in front of me today and did this to my front bumper:

[URL="http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/jooster1975/DSC00056.jpg"][/URL]

Got a quote of £60 to get it sorted. Took the opportunity to get a couple of other bits sorted too - respray the bonnet to get rid of some stone chips, bit of lacquer peeling, colour code a few other parts (mirrors/lower bumper trims) and I'm going to get them to trim the wings so I can fit the facelift lights. It's booked in to have the work done in about a month's time. Can't wait to get it all sorted now.

Sinny71 said:
Clouds and silver linings then mate..!!

Aye, something like that, was well naffed off when it happened though. Doing a u-turn on a mini roundabout and ran out of space. No-one elses fault but mine, complete attack of numpty-headedness.

S3Andy said:
£60 is a very good price :icon_thumright:

That's what I thought - nearly fell over when she (yes, it's a woman and she's not a bad looker either! Oh, and her works spot on too!) said £60. That's why I thought I'd get all the other bits and bobs done too...

Very good price that, i hate those railings that jump out in front of you like that. Pics when done mate!!!

look foward to the after pics

SonicDeathmonkey said:
Numpty - Apparently, it's Scotlands favourite word!

AYE!!

sorry to hear that justin. Those railings can be pests some times:lmfao:

Cheers Biglockie, it's actually given me an excuse to do something about the mirrors etc so I suppose like Sinny says, it's a bit of a silver lining moment.

I had a spare mirror lying around so I started fannying about with the paint on that. First time I've sprayed anything so it's a bit sh!t, it'll do for a spare though. Could come in handy in case some more lemming railings feel the need to get in my way!

Don't worry fellas, I'll get some after pics!:salute: :photo:

Its all about the preperation, its bout 90% of the spray job.

SonicDeathmonkey said:
Numpty - Apparently, it's Scotlands favourite word!

And their favourite saying is "how much!?!?!?!" :)

Right, been back to the bodyshop this aft and given her a list of work that I want doing. Something like this:

1. Front bumper repair,
2. Bonnet respray (stonechips all over).
3. Front and rear bumper lowers colourcoded,
4. Mirrors colourcoded. Only problem is I can't decide whether to get her to do the ones that are already on or get some of these and wire them up so that when the ignition is switched off, they fold in. Any opinions?
ADP359.jpg

5. Wings trimmed to fit OEM facelift lights and finally,
6. Rear lip spoiler smoothed into boot lid and boot debadged.

Haven't asked about the cost, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Should look good when its finished dude!!!!

Hmm how much are the mirrors??

joost said:
Haven't asked about the cost, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!
http://joost
Don't mean to be rude but isn't that a bit foolish? or have you money coming out of your ears?. She could give you a bill for whatever she wanted (fit or not). Agree a price, it'd best all round really.
Si.

This is true, but if she was quoting £60 for the front bumper repair and bonnet stonechips, I shouldn't think it'll be extorionate. It's going in a couple of days after my birthday too so if I play my cards right, it may turn out to be a present from the oldies!

thats a good price im getting my a4 respayed back bumper/boot all down drivers side across both wings bonnet(remove a few dents) and front bumper £200 friend of a friend prepped/sprayed/baked/waxed/pollished