High biting point on clutch 2.0tdi

Marky007

A6 Black edition / A4 Sline / A1 Sport
Reaction score
Hi guys new to forum.
Had my a4 2.0 tdi sline b8.5 2012 a week and wondered if anyone has a high biting point on clutch it drives fine but is really high not sure if this is normal cars on 79k.

I can floor it on any gear amd theres no slip.

Thanks in advance mark

Not sure mines really a high biting point but I feel loads of vibration through it very annoying mines on 70K 2014

Reactions: Marky007
Has yours always been high? I dont feel vibration on mine. Could be duel mass flywheel on yrs buddy.

My previous car, mk1 seat Leon fr tdi, I could tell the clutch was wearing as the biting point got higher over the years. (on the peddle). On my 2tdi b8 I got clutch, flywheel and cylinder changed as it started to slip under heavy load in higher gears. Also I did think the biting point was pretty high. When I got it from the garage the biting point was the same and still pretty high. (I did get them to show me the old part too) not sure if its just the design of the car, but the new clutch has been in for about 30000 miles and biting point hasn't change.

I wonder if mines ok then.

Would changing clutch fluids help

Can't hurt, I guess. I'm no car mechanic, but as long as its done correctly I wouldn't of thought there'd be an issue.

I’d say mine is quite high, it’s within the last quarter of the entire pedal press (62 plate). I’ve noticed it get higher though so I am a lot more gentle with it as I don’t think they are very hard wearing (as far as clutch plates go anyway). Unless I get more serious concerns it’s at the bottom of the list of things to do for now.

Yeah mines about same . . .

Alot of Audis seem to be same high biting point on clutch