Rough cost for a full re-paint? 2015 A3 Sportback

Nick-A3

Reaction score
So my A3 has had a couple of unfortunate moments in the past 12 months. I've had a roof tile slip and get very intimate with my bonnet, and I've taken a turn into my drive slightly too close to the wall and have a bit of a scuff on my drivers side wheel arch.

I have a 2015 sportback in Black. I know it'd be much cheaper to fix the 2 affected areas and re-paint. But I thought, depending on price to get it done properly, I'd perhaps like a complete change.

So I guess my question is what kind of price would I be looking at to get this done? And generally how long should I expect to be carless?

Thanks a lot :)

This is a challenging question to answer as it can vary significantly on where you’re based and the body shop used.

I got a few quotes in London last year (before getting it done at a friend’s place with significant discount) and they varied between £1000 to £2000 for my dolphin grey A3 Sportback.

I think 2k would be reasonable

Reactions: Retroman
I had a Alfasud professionally resprayed the stock colour just over 12 months ago. I prepped as much as I could and that set me back 2k. The price will depend on how busy the body shop is, location blah blah blah... But to have a colour change, including the interior you would be looking at a cost of around £3.5k. It also usually takes about a fortnight for new paint to harden, so unless you have a garage.... I wouldn't expose it to chippings or gravel being thrown up by passing traffic for at least 2-3 weeks.