New Purchase - Porter Cable

J

jamiekip

Hi Everyone.
Finally got round to ordering the PC - went for this kit from autopia:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-sfxpol-kit.html

I've tried doing a search so I know what bits I'll need to get to make this run but found only dead links!

Can anyone help point me in the direction of the right bits and pieces I'll need to pick up over here before it arrives????

Thanks,

JK

first off you are gonna need a 240v to 110v transformer plus a 110v male to female extension lead.

then there are a few different solutions about to convert the pc to plug into your power supply but I went with cutting the us plug off and re-wiring it with a 110v male plug like this:

you will get everything you need from screwfix or machinemart or tooled-up.com
if you need wiring info for the pc pm me and I will send you the instructions but it's as easy as wiring a uk plug

Got it all set up this weekend and put it to use on the folks cars (whilst I was visiting them for easter). Got a couple of pics of the results - from my mobile so not best quality, but good enough!
Really impressed with the PC - easy to use and love the fact you can keep it on a low speed to get started.

Mums car is a MKV Golf TDi sport in brilliant/tornado red.
Used autoglym SRP and EGP and it came up really well (it's never had any TLC in 18 months!!). Nice deep shine and the colour almost glowed in the sun!

10042007054.jpg

10042007052.jpg

Dads car is an 02 A4 in phantom black and again has not seen a lot of TLC in it's life. Clayed then used JEFFS strong acrylic prime, then JEFFs acrylic trigger and was really impressed with the results on that one. Rich@polishedbliss recommended the JEFFs products to me on my sprint blue S3 (thanks again mate) and this stuff really gives a nice wet look and brings the sparkle in pearlescent paint to life, my dad mentioned it looked better than when he first bought the car!

10042007051.jpg

10042007050.jpg

Finally my car after a wash and JEFF's gloss finish to revive the JEFF's trigger finish. The JEFF's stuff seems to be lasting really well, especially as my car has been parked at Gatwick for a week mid March and then another week at the start of April. Still beads the water and gives a lovely shine!

24032007032NR.jpg

This detailing thing become quite addicitve doesn't it!!! Quite satisfying to see the end result though!

Wow, you've been busy! Great work, clearly got the bug and the knack of it all then?! Good to see cracking results, and always nice to receive positive feedback. Cheers! :rockwoot:

WX51TXR said:
Wow, you've been busy! Great work, clearly got the bug and the knack of it all then?! Good to see cracking results, and always nice to receive positive feedback. Cheers! :rockwoot:

Well had to give the PC a whirl - thought it best to try it out on the folks cars first!!!! I'd say i'm still at the beginner end but hey practice makes perfect eh!
Seriously appreciate your help and patience with my on going questions - don't think you've got off that easily though... i'll still be firing the odd question over to ya!!!

Thanks again. Rich.
JK