Induction Kit??

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Hiya all.
Well, this one is doing my head in a little bit, so I thought I'd turn to you all for some advice.
I have the 2.6 engine on a 95 plate and I can't find an induction kit anywhere and I mean ANYWHERE.
Is there one available at all?. I know there's ****** all you can do with the 2.6 but I thought I at least may be able to help it breathe a bit better with a cone of some sort and a custom exhaust. I seem to have fallen at the first hurdle :crying:
All that seems available is replacement panel filters. If all else fails, is it possible to do the 'cheese box' mod like on the old Series 3 90's?. For those of you that don't know, it involves drilling the bottom part of the air filter box with loads of 12mm holes and fitting 'performance' panel filter.
I know the 2.6 doesn't have a MAF as such but is there any problems with an 'oiled' filter?
Sorry for waffling but I'm just keen to get some sort of result.
Cheers for reading.
Si.

Anything to fit a 2.8 will be fine i would expect.

I'm not so sure. If that was the case, then why don't any websites say so?. They only list 2.8. I certainly hope you may be right though, thanks for the input.
Si.

Hi ya, not sure but may be the same fitting as the 2.8, i bought one for mine a k&n, fitted it and made no difference whatsoever just a silly noise that didnt suit the type of car,since heard that the airboxes are not restrictive anyway,i also fitted a milltek exhaust but hasnt done much for it but sounds lovely, hope to have been of help!

Andy.

NineNails - I have a spare induction cone that I used on mu 1.8T for a couple of hundred miles. Its yours for a £15 inc postage. Pretty sure it would fit fine with a small section of hosing and a few Jubilee clips.

Its a Pipercross filter.

2.4 & 2.8 fitments are the same, 2.6 is slightly different i believe. I'm sure you could get a 2.4/2.8 induction kit and it's just the actual ducting is slightly smaller so you should be able to adapt it with a duct kit which wont cost more than £5.

The 1.8t version was a lot smaller than the one i got for my 2.4v6. if i were you i'd get a 2.4/2.8 one, as its larger theres less restriction and you just need to adapt the ducting :)

Hmm. Thanks for all of your useful replies. I was hoping for a more 'definative' answer from someone with one fitted to a 2.6 or even if anyone has ever seen one done??.
I believe the 2.6 has some sort of air pressure sensor rather than a traditional MAF setup. I wonder if this is the reason you can't get a kit. I don't want to make something fit on there if it's going to ****** my engine.
Si.

I honestly dont see there being much of a difference between the 2.6 and the 2.8 i would think it would be the same block bored out slightly.

Best phoning someone like Jabba or a good VAG tuner they should be able to let you know.

Just thinking if the Golf Mk 4 V6 4 motion is a 2.6 or 2.8. If its 2.6 i would bet its the same engine.

Beerzo said:
Just thinking if the Golf Mk 4 V6 4 motion is a 2.6 or 2.8. If its 2.6 i would bet its the same engine.
Golf Mk4 is a transverse VR6 - totally different!

Ramair do a 'SupaRam' induction kit for the 2.6 V6 in the Audi 80 (SR-107).
There's a good chance that this would fit your car.

hiltoa said:
Ramair do a 'SupaRam' induction kit for the 2.6 V6 in the Audi 80 (SR-107).
There's a good chance that this would fit your car.
Yes, I think this my best option so far, although it depends on the year of the 80 I would think. Earlier ones were the AAH engine and swapped to the ABC later on in the B4 Series.
Thanks for the Ramair thought. I'll go get their contact details, although I may have spoken to them about this but I can't remember for sure lol

If any of you reading this are bored and have nothing better to do for the next few mins, I don't mind if you wanna go browse the net for me and find one...coz I'm ******** if I can find anything specific :think:
Cheers.
Si.

spoken from "experience forget induction kits" they wont give you any performance only lose you bhp
just stick with the OEM enclosure and put a k&n pannel or something like it in there.. induction kits just give you a more responsive throttle and make a horible noise..:icon_thumright:

Don't get me wrong here lads, I'm not after more bhp, I know I'm never gonna get that with a 2.6 really. I figure the main thing to do is make it breathe more freely to improve throttle response. If you've never experienced the V6 2.6, it's a lazy old man of a lump but strong as an ox. I just thought with a bit of freeing up here and there may wake it up a bit. I'm sure it can sound a bit better too...I'm used to my old 10v 5 pot with full Scorpion, man that sounded sweet! but not in a chav way mind.
Si.

i fitted an induction kit on a 2.8 q and removed it within a week, just doesnt sound right, spend it on a decent stainless if i were u, a tuneable one tho, so u dont sound like the nova driva. Each to their own mind.

I have a 2.4 v6, i have junked the original air box and fitted an enclosed performance filter that requires a cold air feed from the front of the car, on it's own it has improved the throttle response, there may be a slight power increase, but i intend to fit a full freeflow stainless system, and finish off with a remap over the next couple of months, the diameter on the 2.4, 2.6, 2.8 MAF's are all the same 80 mm, the only problem i had was that i had to make an adaptor plate so that i could bolt the MAF on to the cold air feed pipe.