Rear park sensors suddenly barely audible

Leighton82

Reaction score
They are working as they should but u can barely hear the beeps at all. They were working fine a few days ago when i bought car and front sound is nice and loud. Any ideas? Really annoying me as little things already mounting up

It might be your Parking Sensor 'Buzzer' on its way out making a quieter and quieter sound.

Here is a link to our video on replacing it:

Hope it helps!

Total Technik

It might be your Parking Sensor 'Buzzer' on its way out making a quieter and quieter sound.

Here is a link to our video on replacing it:

Hope it helps!

Total Technik

-----------

Thanks for that. It may well be buzzer. Just seems odd that it was working fine - and fully - one minute and the next this. Also, one of the sensors got pushed into the bumper by mistake. I put it back into position by wrapping my hand underneath and around the bumper but this issue seems to have come about immediately after that action. Not sure how that would affect the buzzer though? Also I tried the rear screen wash and nothing happened. Maybe a leak fried the unit?

-----------

Thanks for that. It may well be buzzer. Just seems odd that it was working fine - and fully - one minute and the next this. Also, one of the sensors got pushed into the bumper by mistake. I put it back into position by wrapping my hand underneath and around the bumper but this issue seems to have come about immediately after that action. Not sure how that would affect the buzzer though? Also I tried the rear screen wash and nothing happened. Maybe a leak fried the unit?

Update. It was indeed the buzzer. £60 part and labour.