Non start A3 8p various fault codes

Andya3/s3

Reaction score
I am working on cat d a3 57 plate sportback.
Car was running fine, gradually went sick and now no start.
Many fault codes on VCDS most of which are short to ground or electrical fault.
I took ecu apart noticed water inside so dried and cleaned.
Also gettin a big spark from battery when connecting but grounds and wiring looks ok from what I can see.
The parts changed when fixing were
Radiators- not sure if came from exactly same model.
Injector harness, Oem part these were ok.

Il post the VCDS scan.

Keep the Autoscan then wipe all dtc's then turn key but dont try to start then see what lights appear on dash . Then remove key and run Autoscan again and see if all the modules that had faults on first scan ate there on 2nd scan.
Short to ground normally means there sre breaks in the wires and you need to get a hold off a wire diagram for your type off car .
Best to elimate 1 by 1 and post 1st autoscan in vcd's and the 2nd

Thanks for the reply, I did run a second scan but just had same countless codes. I never went through one by one though which I prob should’ve done. Just had convinced myself ecu and a broken wire.
I have found the fuse (30a) which seems to stop the short but I couldn’t find how to get the exact wiring diagram for the car.
Also is the best way of finding broken wire with vcds or eliminating parts of loom with a multimeter?

To find broken wires you would really need a wire diagram off your car to see which wires come from what relay and which ones are ground , but normally the ground wires would be black but i have seen these Brown as well .
Now on the Ross-tech site the owner talks about a site called Erwin which you can sign upto and buy a pass for a day ( recommends you have a printer ) and get all the info about your car and all you do is print all off in your 24hr period which if you get the wire diagram thats a good one so might be worth looming into .
( erwin.audi.com/erwin/showHome.do )

The car is going to a guy who’s supposed to be spot on with this type of work tomorrow.
Il post if I get any good results.
When I tried to register for Erwin it asked for company and tax ID. Don’t know if this only available to businesses.