Buying bi-tdi advice

Adrian chandler

Reaction score
Hi guys looking at a Audi A7 this morning sorry a6 owners but no response in the Audi A7 forum with BiTDi engine any thing I should be aware of the engine and gearbox thanks in advance
Ady

Reactions: Buxton2901
I'm currently looking to buy an A6 bitdi avant but struggling to find one with the spec we want!

Good luck with yours.
Have you driven one yet?
I test drove a saloon a couple of weeks ago and wow what a combination of engine and gearbox. The torque is unreal. My wife instantly wanted one and won't compromise on the power!!! She's a petrol head too thank god.
So it's a waiting game for me until one pops up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm currently looking to buy an A6 bitdi avant but struggling to find one with the spec we want!

Good luck with yours.
Have you driven one yet?
I test drove a saloon a couple of weeks ago and wow what a combination of engine and gearbox. The torque is unreal. My wife instantly wanted one and won't compromise on the power!!! She's a petrol head too thank god.
So it's a waiting game for me until one pops up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What year you looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi no didn’t test drive the car today very disappointed in the car very tatty and need a service also seen some big bills in the paper work not as advertised too me.should of taken for a test drive anyway
Ady

My BiTdi is currently on around 125k miles, my gearbox seems fine. It’s supposed to be a sealed unit, but some owners in the USofA recommends a filter and transmission oil change at around 100k miles, but mine one shifts smooth with no issues.
The Engine is strong, but at my mileage, I’m beginning to think the DPF is doing it’s regen thing a bit too often, but I’ve never owned a DPF car before? Also, I been experiencing an intermittent fuel pressure sensor issue since December... suspect fuel pump is probably a bit weak and needs replacing?
I’ll update if it fixes it.

I've had my 2013 BiTdi for 2 years now and I've taken it from 32K to 46K . It's recently had a new water pump and I had to replace the actuator on the fuel flap last year. Other than that it's had new tyres and brake pads. It did go in to limp mode during the recent cold spell but that was over 3 weeks ago and I'm putting it down to a one off sensor blip at the moment as it's not happened again. Other than that gear box and engine are running fine.

My 2012 has done 75k.
Recently had a new egr cooler and water pump as it developed a water drip.
After weeks of testing, we changed the egr cooler and it’s been fine since.

Anyone else’s brakes a bit spongy? Not as hard as I’d have thought with the size of them. Had new disc and pads last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk