remote control

truebrummie

Reaction score
i have not long brought my audi 1.9 tdi on a N plate
just got a remote keyless entry system(rightclick) with fold out key from ebay fitting instructions a bit messed up .
need heelp on where to find central locking box. what type of system i have pneumatic ? wiring etc help any body thanks

Hi, is the keyblade on the flip-out key the same as the blade on your original key? i thought the flip keys were the grooved or tracked keys?

i have no idea where the central locking box is or even if there were such a thing, i know the pump for my central locking is in the boot of my 96 A4.

i think the alarm is part and parcel with the ECU as is the imobiliser, that would mean you would have to get your key coded for the alarm and fitted with a transponder to work with the imobiliser.

i looked into getting a flip key with the 3 button fobs a year or two ago but i had quotes for over £300 for the system (second hand from a 2001 A4) and then £150 for another key!!! ****** that!

another alternative was to get a clifford alarm/imob fitted with a three button fob which would open the drivers door with 1 press and all doors with 2 presses, also had a seperate boot open button which kept the main doors locked. IIRC that would have cost £350 + vat!

I stuck with the original system!!!

good luck with it and welcome to AS.net

If you have an 'N' reg, you will most likely have a separate vacuum pump and central locking control unit.

The vacuum pump is in the side wall of your boot, behind the drivers rear wheel arch.

The remote/central locking control unit is located under the rear seat bench, part no 8D0907335A.

scrupes said:
Hi, is the keyblade on the flip-out key the same as the blade on your original key? i thought the flip keys were the grooved or tracked keys?
I have a flip key for my '95 A4 from eBay.de, bought an AH style blade from eBay.com (US). I'm yet to get it hooked up to the central locking to use the remote though, but it looks cool!

I simply took the immobiliser chip out of my old key and put into the flip key!

i have fitted the remote control unit including flip key i brought from ebay(rightclick2003)today took around an hour to fit following the wiring diagram . it even has auto window wind up on activation .
now the only thing i need to know is when i get key cut, can i take chip from old key(where is this located is it at the top end of key where keyring is) and will it work in new key fob(which has a compartment to cary this chip)or will it need reprograming....
thanks for all responce:respekt:

the system i brought was from rightclick2003 from ebay came with two fobs. main unit. wires. when you order you just tell them what car you have model year etc....
they supply diagram for wiring
you also choose key which come fitted to fob(but can remove)there are 6 or 8 to pick from.
well worth the money i paid..
just need to get my key cut then remove the chip

Took me a while to find them. Ignore the bit about the transponder not working, think he just means there isn't one in the blade itself! - The immobiliser works fine!

Its not a perfect fit, needs a tiny (half a mm) cutting out of the fob (so it fits flush when closed) - if you can be *****, and sits a little loose too. I just put a bit of tape around the end to tighten it up! - You can't see it!

yeah there are some great remote systems out there . good cheap prices very easy to fit just follow instructions mine even closes windows and sun roof as well as locking doors

I've bought the Rightclick remote central locking kit off ebay - but the wirng diagram's a bit difficult to follow - can anyone help me out? I've got a 1997 (P) Audi A4 1.9 TDI Avant.

is it the right diagram for your model / year . you need to find out what type of central locking module you have pneumatic or negative.... before trying to follow the diagrams . i thought it would be hard but just follow instructions it basically tell you which wire to cut and which wire from your new central locking unit to attach .
just follow the colours mine took about an hour to fit.

I have purchased a remote central locking kit from 'Rightclick' for my 97 A4.

It did not come with a wiring diagram specifically for my car.

I have the later type locking with everything combined in the RF 8LO pump.

Does anyone know which connector, and wire colours i should be using on the car.

I need to know the wire colour from the drivers door to the pump.

I presume the later type is pneumatic and not negative?

Have fitted the rightclick central locking kit, works very well.

Where on the key-fob does the immobiliser capsule go?

Just realised that i do not have full closure (windows).

Does anyone have the wire colour on the pump harness that i connect the rightclick green 'windows negative' wire to?